Since I've had a lease with them for some time, my neighbors and myself have formed our opinion. I would like to know what others think of this company. If you have a good opinion and you feel like you were treated fairly or not, please give reasons why. It could have anything to do with the O&G business.
Thanks for your help!

Tags: J-W, JW

Views: 1735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mom A1,
This is a great post. I don't know anything about this company but they are getting a bad rap so far on here and I would really like to get the low down. Information like this is whats going to level the playing field for all of the landowners in this play. It will be interesting to see the responses that you get.
Please let me know if you find out anything else. I'm seeking legal advice.
I leased with J-W in 1998, in south Bossier Parish, the bonus was much smaller than what is being offered now. I did however manage to get 25% on royalties. I had the assistance of a lawyer who had knowledge of O&G leases, luckily. I haven't had any problems so far.
Can you tell me if you have begun to receive those royalties? The well should be complete by now! Also, have you had your attorney check to make sure they pay you right?
Need more info from anyone. Had a O&G "negotiator" defend them. He was probably defending his rights to new lessors royalties and bonus money.
Per J-W Oper. Co.

I have used this company as an example as to their request for changing depths of certain established ng fields/zones. FOLKS, THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES!!! THERE ARE MANY OTHERS. I have yet to get an official statement as to the pros or cons on same subject, so I must say that I am not here to single this company out from the pack.

I have only spoken to one gentleman who said that he would never want to sign a lease with this company, however that is only one person and this was because I was discussing the above with him and he offered his opine. I have no opinion as to J-W Operating Co. I do, however, have an opinion as to some of the requests in their "legal notices" with the Office of Conservation per the force pooling of multiple sections and in said sections, where they have wells, seeking to have established ng fields/zones' depths changed to include what is now defined as THE HAYNESVILLE.

Again, Many other O&Gs and E&Ps are asking the very same thing be granted in their legal notices. WHY, WHAT IS GAINED AND WHAT IS LOST? THERE IS A CLEAR ANSWER, AND I FOR ONE BELIEVE WE AS MINERAL OWNERS/LESSORS/AND TAX PAYERS DESERVE AN ANSWER TO THIS, BEFORE IT IS GRANTED AGAIN.

I keep pushing, I know, but I feel very strongly that "grandfathering in" per mineral leases is a bad deal all the way around...unless you are J-W Oper Co., et al., Matador, Goodrich, Cypress, KCS, Camterra, etc.

DrWAVeSport Cd1 7/23/08
Just found this post from DrWAVeSport. I'm worried for my family as well as my neighbors that are under the same lease.
I agree with DrWavesport, KCS has redefined more of the Terryville Field than one can imagine.

How do we get our voices heard? Maybe talk to the media? Find one of those news stations that's on our side? :o) KTBS ???????

Jaybird
I haven't heard much about depth changes. I'm more concerned about the fact that I may be getting cheated on my royalties and have been cheated for ten years seeing how our well is still producing. I can't seem to get any answers to verify this or not. I've heard many negatives against JW operating, though. Which leads me to believe that I may be onto something here.
See DrWAV's discussion about Meeting on 07/31/08.
Is JB Operating and JW Operating one in the same??? I have not received any letters about redefining anything. I can't even get a call back from JW Operating.
I looked at DrWAV's original discussion and replied so it would resurface under "Discuss Haynesville" tab. The attachment is a letter for JW Operating. I think the JB is a typo.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service