"In the second quarter we announced an expansion of our sizeable positionin British Columbia's Horn River and Louisiana's Haynesville natural gas shaleplays. At Horn River, two of our recently completed wells are producing at avery strong first-month average rate in excess of 5 million cubic feet per day(MMcf/d). At Haynesville, during a two-day test, the initial flow rate of asecond horizontal well was 15 MMcf/d. These well results are exceptional andare a strong indication that the addition of these plays has the potential toaccelerate the pace of our natural gas growth," Eresman said

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SLW, the 15 MMcfd rate is likely for the JT Bolan well in Red River Parish
Could be the Goben 1-1 or the Bolan, either way makes Red River look real good.
This is good news; EnCana is looking to drop two wells in South Bossier (just south of Sligo Rd) within the next few months (one in our section and one in the section to the east of us). They have leased the majority of the minerals in our section and working with the remainder of us (at least they have in our area).
EnCana just confirmed the 15 MMcfd was from the JT Bolan 1H well.
Hey Les, Where did you see that the 15mmcf was for the Bolin well? Thanks.
It's in the transcript Q & A. There were several Haynesville questions asked:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/86891-encana-corp-q2-2008-earnings-...

Ginger
Bacon, I appreciate Ginger posting the transcript link. I was listening to the call and heard EnCana give the name of the well. It was also interesting to hear them dodge the question about the extent of the Haynesville Shale.
Does anyone know what the choke on that 15mmcf well/day was?
I heard discussion of this topic yesterday. I was told that the depth restriction I had in my lease may not protect me from drilling beyond the HS. I heard that the E & P's are trying to redefine the whole formation as JUR. The application by JW Operating may have been the first step.
I was told they are trying to combine the Cotton Valley, HS, Bossier, and Texas.
All of this is over my head.

That is why I posted my comment to DOC's discussion started by ShaleGeo.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service