Howdy folks, can some of you seismograph experts please help with information. I need to know the process by which it's done, how much surface damage to expect, protection clauses for a lease, and of course, how much to expect to be paid. Thanks in advance.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Close Robert ... the time to process also depends on the size of the shoot as well as specific processing requirements the O&G co. may need. Usually in the 3 to 6 month range. And it isn't quite as straight forward as a computer painting the area blue. If you are in the heart of the play, it isn't necessarily whether the gas is present but more so the seismic is used to avoid hazards while drilling (i.e. faults and dip changes in the subsurface). There are algorithms that do "paint" the gas, but they MUST be used in conjunction with a myriad of other tools and data before they can make sense to the geophysicist. These algorithms are used routinely farther south along the coast as well as in the Gulf of Mexico (other parts of the world as well). The Haynesville MAY have similar properties but I have not seen definitive data regarding this as of yet. 3D in this part of the world is relatively new and the rock properties of the area (seismically speaking) will be better understood in the future.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service