HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THEY ARE DRILLING UNDERNEATH YOU WITHOUT SIGNING A LEASE?

Everyone in my small subdivision in west Shreveport between Curtis Lane and Jefferson Paige owns over 1+ acres. In my direct email with Steven F. from Twin Cities who represnts Chesapeake being as they are drilling in the Shrevport Country Club area and also off Jefferson Paige and Pines road that we are a Dead Zone and fall outside their drilling areas. How would we know if they extend this to 2 miles out and go underneath our land and we not know it as we have not been contacted. Can they do this? If they do not know each individual who owns the property how would we get royality checks? In the pamphlet distributed by Mayor Glover he states " not every parcel of land will be leased". Again if this is all underneath Caddo Parish how can we be left out?
I am not worried as I will not miss what I never had, but some of my neighbors have been asking. I have no answers. Two people in my area did get letters with a mineral lease from Petrohawk but when they called they said they did not need us. I will not lose any sleep over this but there has been such hype over this, it is hard to ignore.

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A state body regulates where these wells actually 'go' and they have to be within like a 2% tolerance of the blueprint. They use a type of gps called mudmapping to track it, if they are out of tolerance, they aren't allowed to bring the well online, ever. I think they can appeal and try to show that it would be possible to fix the error but that rarely, if ever, happens.

Randy
Well I have heard that they can drill horizontally which could mean that they can take minerals from under your land without disturbing your property. Also I've found that there are two wells but they pay for one....explain this.
I'm not sure what your questions are...

Yes we can drill horizontally which means we can use a location that isn't on your land to drill from and develop your minerals. This can't be done without your knowledge or consent (unless you are force pooled in which case you are still compensated).

I'm not sure what you mean by "there are two wells but they pay for one"

Randy
I wondered the same thing as what I think she means that if there are two wells should'nt you get compensated by two wells?? I wonder also if they average the bcf production of the wells - probably not just a thought...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service