I wonder at what point do we hope for less gas and not more?

If all these shales around the country are going to be productive, I think the price of natural gas could drop precipitously. Lower supply, though, would mean higher prices. My main fear is gas goes back down to $3.

How many people have been approached to actually sell their land? Seems like a decent strategy might be to sell the whole thing for a large upfront amount whose present value is based on an assumption for much higher prices for gas.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gas prices broke $9 today.
Those sound like good talking points, but I'm not sure they hold up to any kind of actual scrutiny. Will you be saying the same thing if gas goes down all the way to extraction costs?

Oil demand in the US is DOWN by 4% over the past year.

If all these shales really do produce as much as is projected, I don't see how that can't put at least some downward pressure on prices.
Excess would be sold to overseas market. What if all cars start running on ng as Boone Pickens wants now. NG is in for a long time. TCB DS3
Sold overseas how? LNG? Keep dreaming. Even if that were the goal, we are at least a decade away from having any kind of decent infrastructure in place for that.

Cars are not going to start running on NG. Now, maybe NG will create electricity used to power electric cars, but very unlikely it will be used directly in cars.
i saw a show where they were building ships to transport lng.i think its being shipped into the u.s. not out.
"Cars are not going to start running on NG."

Not so fast there Shaq. A decade (10 years) goes by awful fast.

I had friends running LNG cars in AZ several years ago.

http://www.fuelmaker.com/Products/NaturalGasRefueling/Applications/
From what I've read, using actual NG engines is at best only 25% as efficient as using the gas to create electricity to power electric cars.
But the cost of NG energy equal to a gallon of gas is around $2.50. From what I read and that could have been CHK propaganda for all I know.
That tells me that gas prices are coming down. I expect oil to be sub-$80 within 6 months.
Shaq, I have some land with minerals in the Haynesville shale area are you interested if I wanted to sell?
No, I'm not. I'm thinking about selling, not vice versa.
Better read some more and faster Shaq. I have friends who modified their cars, v8s, to run on ng. They use the trunk to store the container. Amazing to see and hear but it works. TCB DS3

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service