What does this mean if anything??? Dry Hole Flange doesn't sound positive but what do I know? Any oil and gas experts with the terminology? Or is it too soon to tell from this report...

REPORT DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
07/29/2008 09 12900 WAITING ON COMPLETION
07/23/2008 09 12900 CEMENTED LONGSTRING W/478 SX. INSTALL DRY HOLE FLANGE - WOC
07/09/2008 09 12900 SET 5" TO 12895'. PREPARE TO CEMENT

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got the drizzles last month! HA!

Seriously, many of us have land right next to this particular well, so the timing and level of production is pretty important in how we negotiate with big oil and gas as leases expire and come in. We have to stay ahead on the info. in order to educate ourselves since I don't know what the heck a "dry well flange" is. This is an awesome resource of info. And for the tons of time I spent looking up the info. on the internet, the question was answered on this board in mere minutes.
Please understand that this is absolute rumor and I won't say where it came from, but supposedly they tested Murray on an open choke and it ran 33 MM.
Education is a powerful advantage. This board has enlightened my perspective on an industry that was not part of any personal expertise. The individuals who have posted detailed, signifcant information are to be commended. As are those who ask the questions.
I'm persuaded that it's not a bad thing, but I'm also curious to know WHY it's called a dry hole flange.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service