I am a registered Repulican, but I LOVE NPR. I listened to the podcast yesterday on "All things considered".

Here is the link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93300400

What do you think about what was said?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting the NPR story. Clearly Chesapeke has mastered the art of "purchasing" the media. That's why forums such as this are so important.
parker - Thanks for sharing that. It's a good one to print & share. The more people there are researching & posting articles like this, the better informed the Shalers will be and hopefully make intelligent choices.

It's obvious the O&G's won't do the balancing act for us, we've got to do it for ourselves. I haven't lived & invested in my property for 20 yrs. to watch it become an industrial wasteland and be devalued.
I have to say, this story was not one of the best presented on NPR. But I love to listen to "All things considered". I always feel like I need to defend myself for listening though.
I imagine when the first rig that is erected on the Red River National Wildlife Refuge, NPR will be there.

I am not sure how Petrohawk got the mineral rights to the RRNWR without going through the Bureau of Land Management, but that is another discussion for another thread.
Industry is good, whistle-blowers are bad. Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain - even if he is the Wizard of Oz. If you don't believe there will be waste barrels/trucks emptied into the ground and covered over with dirt then you live in a dream world. It is much more cost-effective to dump than dispose of properly. It isn't Chesapeake or EnCana or Petrohawk that will do it. It will be they guy driving the truck, the guy left to clean up the site, the little guy you don't suspect. He may or may not be told to do it. But he will do it. And this is a big play. Huge. If you and I don't watch them closely what happens will go unseen and unreported. And their profits will be enormous. Hold them accountable. Just thinking here. See you in the funny papers.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service