I just talked to my brother and he said in his subdivision chespeake had everyone leased with the exception of about 85 of his neighbors. They decided to get together and and negotiate with chesapeake on their combined acerage.
They are signing for 22,500.00 per acre. Why is this area worth that much?
When you turn e3ast on williamson way, his is the first subdivision on the right.

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

huh?
Alleyboy, apparently there is something interesting in that area to the gas companies because if you look down on the area from an overview, there is a fairly wide strip from Linwood to just west all the way out to the Bumcombe Rd-Shirley Francias area that has been very active as far as leasing since the very start of this. A friend of mine had an offer in Fountainbleu one week for $500.00 and less than 2 weeks later they signed for over $12,000 and that was about 3-4 weeks before the $20-22,000 amounts started showing up. For some reason that strip, especially out toward the Texas side has led the area with high amounts each time the leases started moving up.
Also consider that Trinidad moved a rig into the area just southwest of Fountainbleu immediately after that subdivision signed and have drilled the well that was featured in the Shreveport Times a couple of weeks ago. And I personally saw a team of 4 survey trucks and crews inspecting an area just across the road from the church at the end of the F/B subdivision driveway, possibly checking for pipeline ROW or a future location? There is also some large blocks of land between Mansfield Rd and Linwood in that area that could support the 4 or so acres needed for a location. These O&G's offered $20,000 & 25% just up the road a couple of blocks from Williamson and since a section is 1mile by 1mile, they could perhaps set up location near Williamson and reach gas in the area of Bert Kouns/Kingston, Flournoy Lucas/Linwood, etc.
Come on guys it is pretty simple stuff; This will be simple addition ok:

When an oil company has 100,000 acres leased in an area (approximately 156 sections of land) Lets say I look at a map to see where I can drill a well and I see 23 sections SCATTERED throughout my area of interest where I need to lease say less then 20% of the section (meaning I have 80% already) in order to drill. My average cost to date in all acreage say $500/acre. Ok I got about 500 acres lease for 500/acre ($250,000) and I need 140 acres to drill in 23 different sections even if I pay $20000/acre ($2,800,000) for the remaining I only increased my average acre cost by $4200/acre. You follow.

How about this one:

I leased 375000 acres for average cost of 500/acre ($187,500,000) and then I lease 125000 acre for 30000/acre total cost $3,937,000,000 right. If I can convince the world that my acreage is all woth 30000/acre or more and I just sell out I just made 11 Billion dollars right....come on guys this is not rocket science....Chesapeake was the first, got the most land so far, released the info first, all for a very important reason......its ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY.....Just follow the money guys......

Hope this helps..
Where is Williamson Way?
Runs between Mansfield Rd and Kingston...parallel to and about a mile south of Bert Kouns.
Maybe just about a mile south of Bert Kouns, it runs east/west between Kingston Rd. & Mansfield Rd. Some of the subdivisions include Deep Woods, Burgundy Oaks, Burgundy Ridge on it's south side. On the Mansfield Rd. end, it runs behind the old AT&T site. It would be in the vicinity of T16n, R10w.
Actually, Williamson Way runs through T16; R14; Sections 15, 16 and 17.

Are you serious? Have you checked SONRIS to get a count of the wells just south of that area? There's a huge trend moving northeast (from just southwest of Shreveport). There's natural gas out there!

I heard a couple of months ago a well's going in over behind the tractor supply place over on Mansfield Rd too. Will be interesting to see what happens to the ATT place. There's lots of (drilling) land south of Williamson Way.
There is an Exxon pipeline running through at least two of the subdivisions on Williamsons Way. So not only is there gas out there but there is a way to move it.
My mistake, not natural gas pipeline afterall.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service