720 Acre Units (+ or -) being Force Pooled by Encore Oper. in Greenwood

Please read the attached "Application For Public Hearing," written/submitted to the DOC by "Hargrove, Smelley, Strickland & Langley, et al (Law Corp.) on behalf of Encore Oper. Louisiana, LLC (successor in interest to Greystone O&G, LLP) (Applicant)...

Any comments on 720 acre units?????? That cross into multiple section lines? Read #4: "To propose that FUTURE WELLS drilled to the Haynesville Zone WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF THE UNITS PROPOSED HEREIN be located 330ft. to any unit line and no closer than 660ft. to any well completed in,drilling to or for which a permit has been granted to drill to the Haynesville Zone..." WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF THE UNITS??????

Am I just going nuts or what?????? Are these verticals or horizontals?????
Are mineral owners going to accept 720 acre (plus or minus) force pooled units HBP by vertical well drilling???????????????????????

Come on guys! What the heck is going on in Baton Rouge?????????????????

DrWAVeSport 8/14/08

Tags: DOC

Views: 166

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doc, thanks for getting this out to everyone!

Natch N3
Natch N3,

No, thank you, for getting involved...and not letting things at the DOC get swept under this O&G carpet...

What is up with this...This document is the most "SCALED BACK" that I have seen in regards to "specific, techno" info as DOC "applications" go. It's not the detailed document that I have been used to reading. I believe the "law-suits" are getting CRAFTIER!!!! One must read the "MAP" closely...The "written" document does not make things clear...at all!!!!!
Surely this will not be approved.
Doesn't mean they wont try. Thanks for the heads up Doc!
ETOilman,

With all my due respect to you...Are you kidding me!!!! I AM YELLING OUT LOUD NOW...(not at you...) AT THE #$%# DOC!!! How do we get the attention of these LAME-"LET'S LOOK THE OTHER WAY" DOC DUDS DOWN IN BATON ROUGE!!!!!

NWLa is being sooooooooooooold down the Haynesville River..........

I wake up every single day, and I read something like this and it never stops!!! I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE...I MEAN EVERY WORD OF THIS...I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THAT THE "DOC" BELIEVES "IT" OWNS THE HAYNESVILLE SHALE IN NWla!

DrWAVeSport Cd1 8/14/08
If you don't like the proposed units, go to the hearing!

Better have a good reason to object. Units are formed for a reason.
There are pre-hearing conferences that a land owner can schedule before the deadline to argue his case. After that, there is simply a hearing and I assume a decision is made at that time.
You are the answer to a "shale lover's" prayer!

Thanks ShaleGeo...Wish I had been invited too! I definitely would have enjoyed listening in!!!

DrWAVeSport 8/14/08
Looks pretty standard with the exception of the unit size. They may be trying to have units longer than a mile on one side to accomadate a longer lateral.
The Baron...

Where is the proof that these are for "horizontal" wells????? And what is this #$%@# about "DRILLING WITHIN OR OUTSIDE...OR AROUND...OR IN THE VICINITY...OR MAYBE IN THE NEXT PARISH..."OF THE PURPOSED UNITS?" LOOKS PRETTY STANDARD??????????? GEESSSSSSSSSS.

I am just at a loss for any possible justification for this @#$%#!

DrWAVeSport Cd1
These would be for all wells in the haynesville - vertical and horizontal. I suggest you read up on field orders.
I don't know if this is what you are talking about but the Dept of Conservation IS, yes IS agreeing with oil companies to increase the size of drilling units from 640 acres to 920 acres. Applications are starting on the Tx/La border and I have been told that the plan is to increase ALL units in Haynesville Shale to 920 acres. This means (diluted interest) less interest in a larger unit, more difficulty getting everyone to agree on a lease because there will be more people involved, the possiblity of one vertical well holding a huge amount of land, exclusion of smaller oil companies in bidding... and all of this can and will be decided by Welsh, alone. Am I upset? Yes, and everyone who owns property anywhere in Louisiana should be concerned and not wait to get a letter saying you that you will be impacted. Decisions made now will set a precedent for all of us in the near future.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service