FRIENDS TALKING WITH FRIENDS NO OIL, GAS OR POLITICS SPOKEN HERE

We just need a blog where friends can meet and talk about anything under the sun.
Except OIL, GAS or POLITICS

Views: 155

Replies to This Discussion

KB,
Eight years ago, Mr. Cathaus and I stood overlooking the Agean Sea with a glass of dry white wine in one hand and a roma tomato topped with fresh mozzerella cheese, basil and olive oil. Pure heaven!
Maw, what was better, Mr. C or the tomato.
Hey Earl,
I sure do appreciate the heck out of your advice, you just made it a lot easier on me. I like the epsom salt idea too, I believe, there is some in the cabinet at home.

Thanks again bro, I'm taking off work right now to get the buckets.
Thanks again for all of your help, I'm on the way to get my buckets before they close.
Hi Rosebud,

If you don't mind, I sure can use a few of them still. How about the tomato plants that are in them lol. Just kidding I'm looking at your pictures. Thanks Rosebud, maybe if you and Mr. Paul are still going bowling you could bring a couple of them.
Hey Buck,
Please forgive me, but I would just as soon eat a bucket of S**t as eat a mater.

But I know I am in the minority, so I know a lot of people will appreciate your post. As I do. But I just ain't gonna eat no maters.
Hey Mr. Buck

We are supposed to get about three inches of rain in the next couple of days. Should I put all the tomatoes plants under the porch, or should I leave them out in the rain. I guess in short how much water should they get?
Hey Mr. Buck

Almost like a French drain, you gardeners have all kinds of little tricks, just like us fisherman. Thanks for tips
Jerry Baker has a lot of helpful info using colas, liquid soap, tobacco tea, beer, etc. It's never failed me.

http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=75

Best all - sesport :0)
There is a season for everything and for everyone. You were blessed to have your Father as long as you did. He not only raised a fine garden, he raised an incredible family!
If you can find some Elephant Do Do, it is great fertilizer. Our first garden experience was similar to the above, but my mother was the mayor of my small hometown and had an brain aneurysm. She was in the hospital/rehab in Dallas for 3 months, so we decided that we would plant her garden, so it would be ready when she came home. She had told the city workers to bring the elephant leftovers from the circus to her house and put it by her garden. My brother tilled that stuff in (after fighting the fire ants) and the tomatos and vegetables were the best ever. Too bad it is not readily available.

I love to plant the Sweet 100 tomatos (small ones) on an arbor. They are so pretty and easy to pick. Love them in a salad. I have good luck with the Bush Goliath tomatos too. Romas are great. I usually plant several different kinds. I bought two topsy turveys to try, guess I could have used a bucket, huh Earl?
Cotton,
I think before I venture off into multiple kinds of tomatos. I better be sure I can grow one type.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service