Headline today: Chesapeake Energy to invest $2B annually in LA.

The Shreveport Times headline story this morning, Saturday, July 25, is interesting. Chesapeake Energy projects it will, until at least 2029, and likely beyond, invest another $2 billion annually in Louisiana.

Quoting the article, "Approximately 10,000 wells will be drilled, coming at a cost of $75 billion, to release 65 trillion cubic feet of natural gas from the play that primarily is in northwest Louisiana."

CEO Aubrey McClendon added that he predicts production from the Haynesville Shale, which covers all or parts of seven parishes and spreads into east Texas, will surpass Texas' Barnett Shale by 2015.

Quoting the story again, "This past year has helped Chesapeake Energy more readily define what are considered the four boundaries of the Haynesville Shale, McClendon said. He busted the hope of anyone in south Arkansas or Monroe who may be holding out hope it will reach there.

Its limits generally are as far west as Marshall, Texas, in Harrison County and perhaps dips into Shelby County. All of DeSoto and Red River parishes are included and it reaches about 10 to 15 miles north of Shreveport-Bossier City."

There's a lot more to the report if anyone wants to read it. The point so reflective of what we talk about at GHS.com was that the H.S. has the potential of producing as much gas in a year as the country consumes in three years - there's no reason for the U.S. to continue importing fuel from unfriendly foreign countries.

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any significant to the color shading in each parish? I noticed that Caddo, Bossier and Red River are the same.
Landowner,
I believe it is leasing activity amounts......Maybe ALongview can post the legend.
Earlene
Landowner, the shadings were just highlighting areas where more detailed surface maps were available and had little to do with the shale. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
Still not sure how to read the areas....I know that in Shelby County there have been some surveys done but how are the areas related....which area has the most and which has the least detailed surface maps?
In case anyone is interested I have attached a pdf of the story.
Attachments:
So, is Chesapeake saying there is nothing in Northern Sabine parish?
WP, I interpretted their statement to suggest it is uncertain how far the Haynesville Shale extends south (Sabine & Natchitoches Parishes) or east in Louisiana.
Thanks, Les B
For that explanation. That certainly makes it more clear.
WP,

Chesapeake has leases in the Belmont Marthaville area and paid good money for them. One of the leases they have was signed this year. My guess would be, and it's only a guess, is that they plan to explore to the Belmont area. Shell/Encana signed leases to just five miles or so just south of Belmont. That is as far south as I know of them going. With encana drilling G Pattison and the Gaddis well in the area we will need to keep our fingers crossed for good results.

Maybe a geologist could answer this question, is there a fault line running from Pelican area to Belmont area and what significance would the Pelican salt dome play?

Thanks
does this include webster parrish?
Does anyone have any idea what Aubrey means when he says the "sweet spot" is SE of Mansfield, where DeSoto Parish and RR Parish meet? CHK has no wells in this area. Any thoughts?
Henry, if you look at the locations of the wells on the Hall of Fame list it should give a good idea of the area Aubrey was referencing.

http://haynesvilleshale.ning.com/group/drillingriglocations/forum/t...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service