Tags: Core, Definition, PetroHawks, The, of

Views: 2824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack Blake saw three dotted line areas and took it as the northern dotted line area "do not plan to drill". The middle smaller dotted area as "not de risked" and the lower dotted area as "More prospective for Bossier".......
Jack Blake is in the lower dotted line area......Hmmmmmmmmmm
Jack Blake guesses he is back to where he was two years ago. Then I was, "in the area where they think it might be, because I am right on the edge of where they know it is". Jack does feel a bit more positive as Shell did drill a well and Centerpoint is buying ROW's for a P/L infrastructure.
Shell/Encana know where the sweet spots are cried Jack Blake!!!! If Jack cries it loud enough maybe it'll come true......
Can someone please help me in interpreting the contours shown on the Lower Bossier Isopach Map which is part of Petrohawk's recent presentation? I see a reference to a 100' countour. What do the red vs. orange vs. yellow areas indicate? I don't know whether these refer to formation thickness or EUR's.
Shelbyco, that is a net isopach map so the contours would be net gas pay thickness in the Bossier Shale.
Thanks Les.
Les, what is net gas pay thickness?
Parkdota, the gross thickness includes the entire interval from top of the formation to the bottom. Petrohawk will apply some parameter to that gross thickness to account for how much of the gross interval has sufficient porosity, etc to contribute to production (net thickness). Finally they indentify how much of the net thickness contains natural gas (net gas pay thickness).

So you could have a 200 ft thick Bossier Shale interval that has only 40 ft of net gas pay.
Les, thanks for your response to Parkdota's inquiry. That helps me quite a bit. I understand your response to mean that porosity, for instance, is factored into the net gas pay thickness numbers.

Based on other maps that I have seen I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the contour lines represent intervals of 25 feet. If this is correct, the yellow portions would be 100-150', orange would be 150-200', and red would be greater than 200'. Am I on the right track? Most of my interests are in the orange area (where the Haynesville is not present based on other maps). I am just trying to get a handle on what this means from a practical standpoint. My assumption is that these areas may not be economic at today's prices and that companies are faced with deciding whether or not to HBP while betting on the future versus letting leases expire. Would you agree?
1 What does de-risked mean? What does the 'risking or de-risking' process or analysis entail?

2 I am not with HK, so it does not matter, but if I am in 11N 12 W, they are saying they would not drill in my unit because I am east of 9W, right?
VSC, you are about 18 miles west of R9W so no problem.
This is why I never liked the game pin the tail on the donkey, I am directionally challenged. :)
VSC, de-risking is simply the process of drilling enough wells in a play or part of the play to increase the confidence level in the economics of proceeding with full development.
Les, what about 17N, 15W, section 30. We are leased by Chesapeake and I see We are unitized and Petrohawk is the one that asked for the section to be unitized. Is that range still within Petrohawks planned area to drill?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service