For land owners in Webster, Bienville and Bossier Parishes: The State of LA accepts and honors the 148.6 foot contour line as the mean high water line of Lake Bistineau. What does this mean to you? If your leased property near the lake includes land below the 148.6 foot contour line on the lake side, that land and any/all royalties coming from that land belong to the State of LA. I have documentation as proof. If anyone has info more current than a decision of 9 Jul 2003, let me know. Otherwise, just be advised that the state owns that part!
ScottW

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

This is correct but I sure wish the State would mow the grass below that line!!! And by the time the lake goes to hell-o it will need to be mowed all the way over to the other side! That's a whole other problem tho..sorry.
this is correct, even though you pay taxes on it, you dont legally own it, the state appropriated this land and even though the lake level is only 141' established in 1951, the state owns it all up to 148'.

what this means is you cannot get legal title for the property. typical louisiana, i own 5 pieces of property on Bistineau and tried to get a loan property, on the title search............no good. state owns it. on the bonus payments from petrohawk, actual land was around 4 acres, only got a check for 1 acre.

lt

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service