Anyone have any news about the Orchard Subdivision? We had fliers placed on our mailboxes months ago offering up to $500 per lot. I think some people signed then.

Views: 449

Replies to This Discussion

Tom,

My family and I also live in the Orchard. We did not accept the offer made to us in Dec 07 nor any since. I have contacted the HOA president multiple times trying to obtain a list of un-leased residents and thus far haven't received anything. Unfortunately, given many have leased they don't seem to be that interested in helping those out who haven't. We live on Sumner and have 1.45 acres, and have been in contact with XTO, Petrohawk and Chesapeake. They have all showed interest but would really like it if we remaining individuals in Section 21 came to them as a group.

If you are interested in discussing this further send me a message and we can work something out.
SoBoRes,

Glad to hear I'm not the Lone Ranger in this deal. We live mid way down Caspiana Lane and I know for a fact several of my neighbors took the deal from the flyers, some of them for less than $300. I hate to say that I never joined the HOA, but I never could bring myself to it. Though I believe in the strength numbers bring, I was scared off from the HOA based on the lawsuit protection they kept referring to in their letters to me. I have spoken with a landman from Acadian (which is owned by Petrohawk) and he is dealing with me on some property I own on the lake next to the spillway. I don't feel his company is looking this far in towards town but I will ask him about it. I would love to join hands with the rest of our neighbors so that we all get the best deal.
Encana is the company leasing in this neck of the woods. They are going through a broker called Audubon from Laf.
Audubon contacted us back in Dec 07 and my family and I looked over their offer. Then is was for $250 per acre and 3/16% royalties. Many signed at this amount. We decided at the time that we were not in need of a $350 check for a straight 5 year lease and royalties so low. Once Audubon hit the 50-60% mark for our area they pushed off for other locations and we haven't heard anything from them since. The person contacting us kept stating that we had better take what we can get now or loose out all together. I told him I'd rather retain my mineral rights and sue him for 100% royalties if they ever found anything. Of course, we are glad that we haven't signed anything yet.

Haven't really heard much about Encana or what offers people have been getting from them now that the Haynesville is such a popular topic.

TomO, I look forward to working with you to locate the others in our area. Oh, and the lawsuit protection that they mention is for the entry brick structure coming into the neighborhood. There have been a few accidents there and because it is maintained by the community the parish requires that we maintain a certain level of insurance covering the structure and injuries caused by folks who aren't smart enough to stay on the paved surfaces.
I live on Jay Ln off mayflower and I don't think anyone has had any contact. What should I be doing? Could we be included in another group.
Hi Carol,

I'm sorry, it looks like you live in 15-17n-12w. There are presently 3 active wells in that section. The first of which is #19586 permitted on 01-07-37. If you are not getting a royalty check, more than likely it was reserved by a previous owner. Probably the Skannals.
Hi Carol,
Chesapeake is the operator for the well. Call them @ (405) 767-4100. Tell them your information and give them the well number.
If you live in 22-17N-12W. I do not find any wells in that section.
You need to look at you plat or call the assessor's office to determine which Section you are in.
You Subdivision encompass' both Sections.
Parker,

I see the same thing as what you stated. Quick question, can minerals be retained in a lease on a "Shut-in Productive" well? I see a lot on Sonris in T17N - 12W - 22, 26 and 27.
I AM NOT A LANDMAN.

Having said that, I understand most of the basics.

My understandings is that if mineral rights were reserved, and then there was production, that the rights would be reserved for 10 years after production ended.

I have been thinking about this every since I responded to Carol and have been away from the computer since then.

I am going to go back a look at the last dates produced for 22-17N-12W. I own a small parcel in that section also.

I am assuming that since I have not been contacted, that I don't own them there. I beleive this will also be the case with Carol and the person from Cane Bend.

But we can all hope.
SoBoRes, I live in 26-17N-12W and I do not show a "Shut in Productive" well. Please let me know where you saw that. The last well in this section was capped and abandoned in 1996......according to Sonris.
Sorry Terry Allen,

On Sonris when you select all under Oil/Gas Wells (rather than active or producing) you will see what I am talking about. I tried to research what the different definitions (see legend) are and could not obtain a clear understanding and thought that Parker might have some insight as he has other property that has been leased in the past. Just trying to figure out everything, sorry if I stated something that created concern.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service