There will be an informatinal meeting at the Cypress Baptist Church on Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2008 beginning at 7:00 pm. Featured speakers will be C. Rodney Harrington, a Natchitoches attorney and Lang Wedgeworth, a Shreveport attorney. The public is invited

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

Sour Gas? Must have fracked the Smackover to get any H2S!!
If so, what are the ramifications?
Probably not high concentrations of H2S. In the I-20 area its about 4 parts per million in the Smackover. They wash it with an amine treatment and mix into the pipeline with sweet gas.
I know of a couple of wells (can't say seeing as how I work for the operator) that fracked the Smackover on accident, and the well produced 6,000 ppm of H2S. That's enough to turn steel into glass and knock a man dead before you know what hits you. As far as ramifications, seems like somebody made a boo boo when spotting the perfs, and depending on the casing program and concentration of H2S, either it won't matter or it could be a major problem. To fix it if the H2S is bad enough they will go in and set a plug to shut off the H2S producing zone. The H2S only comes from the Smackover which is below the Haynesville (so far as I have seen) and maybe they got greedy wanting the kind of pressures like the wells around S'port and Bossier.
What state were those well in? I looked into H2S above I-20 a few years ago for a company that was planning to drill into the Smackover. The only one I could find info from was the pipeline cos. I did see a bunch of dead cows, in I think it was Indiana, from a leaking pipeline. You know more about the mechanic of drilling than I do but I understand that you can't use the harder pipe because it will fracture, just like you said, like glass.
When you refer to "our area" exactly what area is this referring to and did they get specific or just random talking? Thanks.
The area is northern Natchitoches and northern Sabine parishes and this was not random shop talk, but actual numbers. If you drill through the Smackover the concentration of H2S is minimal, just like the amount of drill gas while drilling through the Haynesville. BUT if it is fracked, then the formation starts to produce just like the Haynesville wells when they are fracked, except it produces deadly H2S along with NG.
except it produces deadly H2S along with NG.

Dumb question: what is H2S?
Hydrogen Sulfide
Thanks Mudman but what is considered Northern Nat? I have seen so many areas referred to as Northern Nat but then there seems to be some exclusions in other posts. Would the Goldonna area be considered Northern Nat and was this area mentioned at the meeting? Thanks.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service