Does anyone have any idea of how many acres have already been leased in Sabine Co. and which company did the most leasing?

Views: 105

Replies to This Discussion

Good question. I would like to know also.
We got out own board now so, LET'S SPEAK UP SABINE COUNTY.
I do not know how much they have leased in the area but Devon has leased in the Geneva/Milam areas. I am curious though if anyone can verify that Shell is in the area to the South of that?
Do you know what Devon leased for in Milam area?
I have heard it is 5k and 1/4.
I was told this morning by a friend that he had family who were scheduled to sign today for 6K and 1/4 with Devon. Land in Rosevine. I'll find out tomorrow if it happened.

He also said that leasing has appeared to be REAL QUIET lately because the companies who are here have pulled back a little to regroup and set up a new game plan (better offers maybe?). It seems that they have been a little bit surprised by the LIGHTNING SPEED of the grapevine in Sabine County. Boy howdy, they should try living here. LOL
These leases were signed (finally) about the 3rd of Sept. for the stated bonus and %.
We've been offered $6,000.00ac and 1/4, near Geneva by Devon but I don't think anybody has signed yet there waiting on the next XTO meeting and Chesapeake has been talking to one of the large landowners so maybe there coming back in.
This may sound like a dumb question but since there has been no HS drilling in Sabine County(that I am aware of), what other info, research, etc., are the O & G companies basing their leasing on in this area? Thanks for any insight.
Recently, I had this same conversation with friends who have retired from the oil and gas industry and they told me that it is common practice for large oil and gas companies (and smaller independents too) to lease land in an area as a strategy to keep their competitors out. Also, they could use it as a ruse in order to keep prices down in another area that they are interested in. So, therefore, they may never drill in Sabine County. I raised the question about the high leasing prices and the reply was that it just might be the going rate. This could explain the reason for the large percentage of royalties they are willing to pay. The companies know they will probably never pay any royalties. Who knows.
Linda,
That seems like an expensive way to keep people out of an area that they are not interested in in the first place????? 5k-6k/acre to throw them off the scent????? Please give me more insight as now I am truly intrigued.
I don't have more insight except what I stated and that is exactly what I said to the folks that were telling me this. How can they pay that much per acre and not drill?? I am talking about a big major who has leased hundreds of thousands of acres to keep competitors out. Evidently, from their conversation big companies do this.

I am hoping there is HS gas in Sabine County and truly think there is, but no HS well has been drilled in Sabine County or San Augustine County. I don't know about Sabine Parish. There are gas wells in San Augustine that are producing but they are not HS wells. I don't know what type of gas wells they are but from things that I have read the wells in San Augustine are not deep enough for HS.

I

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service