What is the scoop?

There is a new mega well pad, fenced with security guards, a road to die for, and no rig on site.

Pad is located just north of the new Many Wal-Mart, road beside the mobile home park, on the east side of Hwy 171 - T-7 probably R-11 or R-12 - Sabine Parish.

Now for the rumors: Company is Shell - going for oil and gas - 3-D seismic permiting now by CGG Veritas (not a rumor) to include 100 square miles. Some leasing already going on -  Absolutely no one (visitors) allowed on site now or later. Rig to be in place in next few weeks.

Views: 4344

Replies to This Discussion

I should have re-read the posts and I would have realized that was what it was. Just eager for them to start the other, I suppose. But it will be nice to see what happens and if oil is going to be the next big thing. We are in that area with the seismic work and not too far from that  31(6) 8(7) 11 well site.

I think we can be certain that gas is not going to be doing anything for a while.

Returning from Many saw the Veritas Helicopter make equipment drop across 171 from the trailer park about 100 yards behind the church.

Thanks Ken - Any activity is encouraging - they drilled holes on our property a few weeks ago and just layed the equipment this week. 

Sorry, unable to reply at the bottom - This may be of interest to Ken, 4HTSG, &  David. A friend showed me a video on his cell phone of a new pumping oil well, and another one in same area with the quipment ( I do not know the name of the thing that goes up and down on an oil well) laying beside a pipe with oil on ground beside it. He said it on Oosta Road - coming out of Zwolle would be on the left (east) of Hwy 171  - road by the old Silver Bullet Liquor Store - I did not ask him for directions so this info is incomplete but the video was a beautiful & exciting thing to see. I hope to find out more - maybe one of you know more about these wells. I think it would be T8 maybe range 11 or 12- David could this be the one that you could see lit up? (Iam going to have to learn oil equipment lingo)

Shaleeee, many oil wells require a pumping unit (pumping jack) either initially or after producing for a short time.  This is because the formation does not have suffient pressure to flow without some form of artificial lift.  An oil well would require the formation to have a higher pressure than a gas well to flow naturally due to the higher weight of the fluid column.  Gas wells utilize gas compression at the surface to aid in production.    

Thanks Les - I appreciate the explanation. After all these years I finally have a name for "that thing that goes around & up & down" LOL

This is what I know.  There are 3 new wells in that area.  They are in sections 2, 3, 4, 7N 12W.  The serial numbers are:244169, 244170 and 244430.  They seem to be shallow horizontal oil wells, and I think they are in the Saratoga Chalk.  If anyone knows more, I would like to hear.

Thanks San - Do you now if they are good wells? Does shallow mean not so good? Do you know anything about the well which was being drilled just as you get into Converse on the east side of 171 - a rig was there longer than ususal and now does not look like anything is there? Helicopter dropped siesmic equipment in S 13 -T7 - R11 Wednesday - same day that Ken saw a drop west of Hyw 171 just north of Many Walmart -that would be the same general area as the crow flies.

Shaleeee, typically shallow wells produce at lower rates but cost less to drill.  So a shallow well can be good or bad - just like deep wells.

Shaleeee, I do not know if they are good wells.  They have been drilling shallow wells in this area for years.  I am hoping the horizontal drilling will make them more profitable.  Maybe someone who knows more about this will respond. 

For anyone interested, the staging area for the seismic work that is being done is on the Old Zwolle Road (Hwy 1216) about half way between Many and Zwolle. Pretty impressive pasture full of equipment.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service