Well this O&G stuff is nerve racking and once again I have a question. As some of you know my wife has MR's to 4.1 acres. We found out about this from the friendly landman a little over a month ago. The MR's also involve an additional 6 relatives and totals 50 acres of MR's. While we haven't signed anything yet and we realize it will probably be after the 1st of the year, I do have a question. On our lease that we haven't signed it list four different abstracts and in researching the Railroad Commision website I have found a gas well that is a producing well drilled by the company that offered us a deal. How do we determine what abstract our MR's actually lie in? Also with a producing well already in place if we signed the lease would we entitled to royalties off that well immediatly?

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

If an abstract is identified in your legal description, then that is the abstract your property is in. Just because there is a producing well within the same abstract as you property does not mean it is producing from your property. If you use the Rail Road Commission map and use the identify wells tool, you can find information on any given well. If it is a newer well, you can view the well plat which will tell you who is involved with that well.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service