ShreveCentre Coalition Incorporates, Announces Goals

Group aims to increase value of mineral rights leases for property owners

SHREVEPORT, LA. - On Wednesday evening, July 17, the ShreveCentre Coalition, Inc., held its organizational meeting for purposes of formally incorporating and electing officers. The group's Articles of Incorporation and related paperwork were filed with the Louisiana Secretary of State on Friday.

Attending Wednesday's meeting were authorized representatives from at least twenty-four homeowners' associations from across east Shreveport, collectively representing tens of thousands of area homeowners and thousands of acres of land. Those 24 associations were made official members of the Coalition. Other groups with recognized associations are welcome to join the Coalition with full voting rights. Unofficial groups of Shreveport property-owners who are not members of a chartered association are welcome under the Coalition umbrella, but will not be voting members.

Elected president of the organization was Jack McLeod, current president of Jackson Square Towne House Homes Association and SESHA, the Southeast Shreveport Homeowners Alliance. Serving as vice president will be Larry Farley, president of the Captain Shreve Neighborhood Association. Delores Hackler of Town South Neighborhood Association was voted the group's secretary.

"The purpose of the Coalition is to negotiate the best deal possible for the property owners' gas and mineral leases related to the Haynesville Shale," said McLeod. "The Coalition will work without any compensation, and there will be no charge to the individual property owner. "

ShreveCentre Coalition is being advised by industry experts, who suggest that there is strength in numbers when negotiating for bonus payments, primary and option lease terms, royalty percentages, and other relevant and necessary lease terms.

The group intends to develop and launch a website in the next few weeks to provide detailed instructions on how other groups may join the Coalition, answer frequently asked questions, and include other helpful resources. Meanwhile, the Coalition hopes to avoid being inundated by calls and emails, and urges patience to all area residents. The Coalition also has a blog on The Times' website, shreveporttimes.com, where individual associations can post updates for their
members.

"Over the next few weeks, we are advising all landowners throughout Shreveport not to agree to any mineral lease deal, or sign any document presented by an oil and gas production company," said McLeod. "At this point, the experts have convinced us that it is in everyone's best interests to simply wait."

The Coalition restated its commitment to use all available means to disseminate information quickly to its resident members and media.

Views: 153

Replies to This Discussion

JMAC, I live in the Broadmoor subdivision and have been out of town working which means I have not made it to any of our SCC meetings. How can I join the coalition? Is there a contact person or a meeting where I need to sign up? You seem up to speed on this topic so I hope you do not mind me throwing the questions to you, thanks for your help. KC
KC, Broadmoor Neighborhood Association is a member of SCC. BNA people are working hard and will be sending out "Non Binding Letters of Intent" along with other other information to all Broadmoor residents. In the meantime do not be swayed by landmen trying to rush you or push you into signing. Remember they are in the business to make money for themselves. SCC is a roupf of uncomensated volunteers working to help our neighbors.

Stay tuned here, read the Shreveport Times print or online edition, and watch the local TV stations. Thanks for asking.

Jmac
JAMAC, I live in Southwood Terrace off Flo Lucus, we do not have a neighborhood association and do not know what we need to do at ths point, I was wondering if we would be able to be included in your group? I can't seem to find out any information on this, I have discussed this with a couple of neighbors. kikirn613@yahoo.com Thanks
kiki - aren't you in the same subdivision with Jennifer? Have you talked to her lately?
jmac - My sister lives in Shreve Island neighborhood near library branch. She received her first offer/letter yesterday. It was from Twin cities, they've scheduled meetings. Is SCC leadership aware, have anyone attending?
We own a home on Reily Lane (in Shreve Island) but we rent it out. haven't received a letter.... is this the correct group in the area..... ?
Dee - My sister didn't get one either, so she contacted Mr. Farley and he's sending her the information. Mr. Farley is Pres. of the Shreve Island Assoc. and also Vice-Pres. of the Shreve Center Coalition.

You can find a contact phone # for the Shreve Island neighborhood assoc. on the Shreveport website for Haynesville Shale. There's a tab there for neighborhood associations.
Thank you for the information! I will find it! :)
Anyone have an update on ShreveCentre negotiations for Broadmoor areas?
ShreveCentre Coalition is still in the process of neighborhood organizations collecting letters of intent. Other neighborhood associationas are just organizing and asking to be a part of ShreveCentre Coalition. No negoiations are in progress at this time.

The ShreveCentre Coalition website is up at
http://shrevecoalition.com/

Presently, server issues make it difficult to read. Until those issues are resolved, setting your browser zoom level to 125% will make it readable.
Thanks for the link and info.
any news on negotiations for Broadmoor?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service