Drilling is stalled because a family member is evidently "holding out" for a higher percentage. The warranty deed from long ago stipulates 1/12 of 1/8. Is there any chance that the operator can or will give in? The property in question is in a very hot area. I was told that the operator won't drill an unleased well. I don't know what my options are, if any.
It would depend on how large an interest the "holdout" owns and how large the tract is, as to how the operator might handle the situation. As an NPRI, you can only wait for a resolution, I believe, but if the tract is in a "hot area"... sooner or later, they will work it out and a well will be drilled.
Thanks for replying -- I've been getting mixed messages from the landman. I'd like to know exactly where the property is located, which totals about 500 acres. The warranty deed is rather vague, and I don't live in the immediate area. What should I ask the landman for, if anything?