Check out section 5 11n 12w. I doubt I'll live long enough to see Chesapeake develop my section like this but it sure would be sweet. The downside is low prices now and when the gas is gone there is no chance for better prices in the future. It will be interesting to see what this section is producing a year from now.

Developed now at low prices or wait on better prices. What say you, shalers. Which would you prefer? I suspect the answer would have a lot to do with your age.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops this might be old news. Found another one. 20 14n 12w. My internet has been out for awhile.
Still exciting though to see some of these sections developed.
I would be sick if I were in a section like that and they were selling my minerals for a pittance.
I do agree with you about gas, but am pleased with oil prices. When I think of all the gas I saw burned in the 40's and 50's because the price of natural gas was not sufficient to justify building a pipeline; that makes me sick. Almost all the natural gas in the Haynesville Field was flared. I wonder how many trillions of cubic feet. I lived near west edge of Haynesville field and I thought the sky was supposed to be orange at night in the 40's. All landowners had all the free natural gas they wanted.
Aubrey: I remember lots of flared gas in the Hay Field during 60's and even the early 70's. Had grandparents in Haynesville. Could look west from town at night and see the glow and then turn east and hear the old Hunt Oil pumping jacks popping.
"Developed now at low prices or wait on better prices?"

It depends on age, tax implications, potential investments, or lack of investing. If one's time is short, take the money. If one can get decent to healthy investment returns, take the money. If one has no investment sense or doesn't plan on investing I can't imagine a self examination of the question to begin with. Even then, I’m guessing they’d take the money. One also has to think about "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" theory as uncertainties in the market are many. We’re not going to see summer of 2008 prices any time soon, if ever again. $6/mcf looks good for the near future if we can even get there. There are no future price indications that are going against the notion of taking the funds now.

Like many lotto winners I would imagine many HA winners will blow their money. I would imagine an abundance of purchases involving depreciable assets, vacations, frivolous spending, loans to friend/family that will never be repaid, etc.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service