Leasing cotton valley and haynesville formations seperately?

I think I may have more money coming to me for a bonus or I may not say anything now. I have to reread my lease and talk to my landman friend.
I leased to CHK a few months ago for 4k per acre for 20 acres. I have a friend landman (working for another company and he could not even get me 4k at the time)-he suggested I hold out but I was afraid they would retract the offer so I signed.
My friend changed a bunch of stuff in the lease CHK provided and added three pages of addendum. I am not home so I can't look at my lease yet, but I think he had the lease was from the base of the cotton valley to the bottom of the haynesville formation.
My wife told me we got a letter today saying Shell has applied to make our section a production unit and to force pool those not signed.
Shell applied for the haynesville AND cotton valley formation.
I think they may have to force pool me for the cotton valley as I am unsigned for it. I will be reviewing my lease and talking to my landman friend for advice, but my question to you all is should I approach whoever has my lease now about more bonus for the cotton valley formation or say nothing and see if they perforate the cotton valley and then bring it up and try to get my cut as being unleased.
Jack Blake has an inquiring mind

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RS 30:148.2
I will dig it out today. This all took place on my end about 2 years ago. I was very upset and even more upset when the Baton Rouge Conservation office told me about it. They said that once an area is unitized, the o/g company can "technically" come upon my property without my consent but that the Conservation Office would "frown" upon any o/g company that actually did it. My response was that would be trespassing.
No agreement was ever made by me. I told them they were trespassing, o/g company said they weren't.

I will dig out the legal authorities this afternoon when I finish work.

It really ______ed me off when it happened.
KB,

I am looking for that now. I did find my memo concerning the conversations that I had with the Conservation Office. My memo is dated January, 2006. If you want me to email it to you, just let me know.

I am looking now for the copies of the statutes I had. It all came about after I did not receive notice of the unitization and the dispute I got into with the o/g company and their landmen over it. I will find it.

This was how I found out just how low the o/g company will go to intimidate landowners. If it will help someone else, I am happy to look for it.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service