Anyone know if this right of way lease is reasonable? sec 20 T13N R16W

Just got an offer of $100.00 per rod for 96 rods of right of way for a 4 inch line that will parallel an older large line that crosses my dads property in Desoto. The new line would exist in the current right of way that the old line utilizes. He has 70 acres that he leased out early for $12,000 total not per acre but he did at least get 20%. Just trying not to make any more mistakes. Thanks

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Kb
$200 to $250 was the general consensus a few weeks ago.
The negotiator from the pipeline company informed me today that they are a utility and are capable of putting the line in without our consent and paying the going rate. Any input on this threat, although he went out of his way to tell me it wasn't a threat.
HI CAREY I WAS TOLD UNLESS ITS AN INTERSTATE PIPELINE THEY CANNOT PULL EMINENT DOMAIN. AFTER NEGOTIATING I DECLINED THE PIPELINE AND HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY CHESAPEAKE A COUPLE OF TIMES TRYINGTO GAIN ACCESS BACK ON MY PROPERTY. SO FAR THEY HAVE ONLY GIVEN ME LOW BALL OFFERS FOR PIPELINE .
the company is only able to do this if the original servitude included the right to lay another/multiple line(s). If the company does have multiple line rights then they can place the new line in the same right of way as the existing pipe.
Also, in LA multiple line rights expire after 10 years from the date of signing the original servitude.
The right of way hand was correct in telling you that this wasn't a threat. If the multiple line language exists in the original servitude that is less than 10 years old they have the legal right to construct the new line.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service