Had a guy come in the store today who said his friend is a landman who is out securing right of way for a circular pipeline around the shale. I asked what size pipe - he said 60 in. Said it would be a wheel, with feeder lines like spokes. Anyone heard of this thing?

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keith, field's do have gathering systems but a 60" wheel system around the entire HS would be highly unlikely. Also, many contract landman are not technical and may not be giving reasonable information.

Is this what he was looking for??
I thought so, too. I believe there is some truth in what he said - there is a circle or semi-circle coming here, but 60" and completely around the Haynesville would be an absolutely huge undertaking. I'd be more likely to believe it if there weren't already pipelines in place. He was unclear on the size of the line. After I mentioned some pipe diameters he hit upon the 60" as most likely. I'd love to see it myself. It would mean OG is flabbergasted by the size of the field. (I like that word - flabbergasted!)
Where did you see that picture Haynesville. Is that a local shot? Big pipe for sure. May be 60" - at least 48". Great shot.
I took that picture in Doyline. It is 42" for the new pipeline from Sherman to Delhi. A 60" gathering system for a supply of what is projected does not seem that far out of line. A gathering system that large with large diameter pipes to sales would make sense. It would make it easier for each individual well to make it to market. Most of the existing large diamter pipes that are in service and under construction are fully prescribed. Most companies sell the pipe capacity before construction begins.
a gathering system with spokes makes sense but a 60" line shaped like a wheel is far-fetched, and a colossal waste of money to construct.
Gathering systems have specific sale points. Main lines are constructed to the sale points with the spokes you mentioned tied into the main lines.
More like an arm with fingers, than a wheel with spokes.
Hey Jim, wasn't that bigger than a 60 inch?
I got a hot rod go cart, Crossfire, that I would like to put on the track.
http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/LHC/LHC-en.html

Just a side note....
I believe the CERN excelerator was what was supposed to be in Waxahacee. (I could certainly be wrong) They were calling it at the time the "Super Collider". Very controversial. One would have to know physics pretty well to fully understand all of its aspects (which I do not).
We live on Johns Gin Rd Keithville,out of Springridge.They are clearing out a very wide area that looks like a pipeline.Does anyone know anything about this?
We also live in that area - I know that they are going to put a lot of pipeline in that area but they have not started on construction yet - just surveying. You also could be seeing a road construction that is leading to a well in the area.
Thank you grandma.It may be a road,but I heard they were going to put one in out this way.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service