I have noticed that a lot of people have questions regarding Barnett Shale wells. Try this website: http://www.barnettshalenews.com/

Scroll down, click on "Barnett Shale Power Map", accept the terms. Then put your cursor on any dot (well) and you are give a vast amount of data: average production, dates, total production, etc.

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The largest Barnett Shale wells I have found so far averaged 4,760 MCFGD in their peak month. There could be larger, as it take quite a bit of time to check the data on a large number of the wells. But this makes the Haynesville shale seem huge when you look at the HK Elm Grove Plantation Well that averaged somewhere around 13,000 MCFGD its first month, I believe.
BirdDawg, look at the area north of Ft Worth. This was the original core area located in Denton, Wise and NW Tarrant counties where the Barnett Shale is very thick and was developed with vertical wells in the 2000 to 2004 time frame. The primary development area shifted south to Johnson County in late 2004 and because the Barnett Shale was thinner has been developed with horizontal wells. Also, much of the drilling activity is moving into the Ft Worth metro area (Tarrant County) as the Barnett Shale in the outlying counties (Tier 3) is less economic.
Les, That is interesting. I wondered if some of these wells were vertical. I wish we could tell which are vertical and which were horizontal. Of course the biggests wells are horizontal.
BirdDawg, the horizontal well numbers end with an H (1H, 2H, etc).
Les B,
Thanks much. I should have noticed that. I think I was mainly looking at production. Thanks again.
Hmm, all I can get to come up is the viewer with no data.
boby,
If you have the map up with all the dots (wells) on it, just put your cursor on a dot and the well info will come up.
I just have the viewer up with a blank white screen. If I move the cursor around on the blank area, notice down in the left lower area well names change as it moves but there is nothing on the main part of the screen.
Boby,
Don't know what the problem is. I just tried the link, went thru the steps and ended up with the Barnett Shale map on the screen. Did you try exiting the site and starting over? Perhaps there is some type of viewer that isn't loaded on you computer? If there is it should be available on one of the screens you go through. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I will keep trying to figure what the problem is.
Boby,
Check the "requirements" portion of the "Powell Barnett Shale Map" page. That is the page where you agree to their terms. It tells what is needed to view map and it also states that pop-up blocker needs to be disabled. Hope this helps.
is a map like this being build for haynesville shale?
Cal,
Not that I know of. Sorry.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service