http://www.cngnow.com/EN-US/Action/Pages/default.aspx

Reasons:
1. It will make your royalties worth more
2. It will give gas companies incentive to drill more and expand production
3. CNG is cheaper than gasoline
4. CNG is much cleaner than gasoline combustable engine
5. We have to wean ourselves from middle east oil
6. The north LA economy will explode

I'm sure there are others. By no means am I a liberal but this is one "green" proposal that I support. I'm sick of our country sending billions of dollars to the middle east so they can produce more Osamas.

Write your representatives. I did.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't realize T Boone Pickens was coming to Shreveport. I'll have to go whenever he reschedules.
re. myphill.com
Won't work in my neighborhood. We're all electric, no gas lines here. And to make a major change to covenants would require a vote of 75% of homeowner. We're also rows of townhouses with many that don't have parking immediately next to our homes. Another thought is how would people living in apts. get access to this kind of feature? Most apts. are also all electric. I agree it should be developed as an option, but again it's an option that is situational.
I hear the electric car is getting a chance at a comeback as well. There is also the stretch of imagination that we could maybe use CNG to super-heat coal and actually produce clean-coal (instead of hear about it on fairy-tale commercials).

Then, of course some more immediately plausible choices mention here.
It would require gas stations were fitted with CNG "pumps".
Civic transportaion and govt employees could be phased-in more readily (as they can put in their own fueling stations). I believe that the garabage trucks in Utah run on CNG and they are not as 'nasty' smelling nor do they emit that sticky black yik that settles on us if we stand on the corner waiting for a taxi/tram/bus.

The next wave would be based on the 'deal' offered to implement a CNG retrofit for x amount of fuel stations. If the right person is elected, they will hit the ground running on this issue and other urgent matters...
Let CNG be our methadone, until we get comfortable with smartcars.

I think it will keep us from going through DTs, since we are stuck driving SUVs for a minute.

It's definitely cheaper and cleaner than diesel.

A start at least.
Next we combine CNG with Hybrid elec and create a new jet fuel using it or LPG and really get serious about things!
I get pretty good mileage on my harley now.
I've considered going that route, at least for errands. Would still have to keep a vehicle for work & hauling 2 dogs around.
I work in an ER. We call them donor cycles.
I know, my dad was in law enforcement and responded to many accidents where motorcycles were involved. He always cautioned that he saw too many hides scraped off bodies & brains bashed. As it is, I can't even stand driving a car down some of our streets. I consider Youree, Bert Kouns accidents waiting to happen. I just take my time & use the back roads hardly anyone else wants to travel.
Well, once we get back to extremely small cars with great mileage, they aren't much more then donor cycles. Catchy phrase, by the way.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service