As natural gas prices soared last spring, Ontario government officials contacted the province's gas distributors, looking for assurances about price and supply.

Ontario relies on natural gas for 16 per cent of its power, and expects to increase that share significantly to replace coal-fired generation and complement the growth of renewable sources like wind and hydro. But as prices climbed to near-record levels, officials began to fret their natural gas bet would leave the province vulnerable to dramatic price hikes and potential shortages.

In response to these concerns, the province's two biggest gas distributors offered two words: shale gas.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Mr. Krow , for the most part. We still need some fences tho. The illegal population is one of the driving forces that will continue to gnaw away at our tax moneys.Depending on how the imediate future turns out , it could get a lot worse. If our friends to the south can thrive enough due to the possibilities that this play may create for them ,maybe it will slow the onrush of fence hopping.

Jim Krow said:
If the U. S., Canada and Mexico shared oil & gas resources, with natural gas being the primary fuel for transportation, all three countries would thrive and we wouldn't need any other foreign source of supply. We need pipelines connecting the borders of our neighbors, not fences dividing them.
Take a look at these videos of immigants that came & took resources, changed the gov't., imposed their language.

http://www.whro.org/jamestown2007/videos/index.html
Good fences make good neighbors, why is Mexico so poor when they have some of the largest oil reserves in the world? Corrupt corrupt corrupt, If Mr. Crow wants to go hold hands and sing kumbayah at the border then he can feel free to. Just leave your wallet at the house so the coyotes dont eat you.
Back to the topic - how shale changed the gas game. Could it also change the game for Mexico's economy thus education & job opportunities. I haven't seen (or researched) whether there's potential "down yonder." Any ideas?
Thank you. Now, is their product being mostly exported or used for the benefit of their own citizens? Do their citizens have the opportunity for jobs & education in this field, or are those jobs being held by those coming from out of country?

I just find it odd that, if they have the same resource we have, why aren't they using it to the advantage of all. I'm not well versed in this, but it does bring a lot of questions to mind.
Thank you. I found this, which answered some of my questions. Like Pemex is state owned, perhaps explaining why their economy suffers. (Reminds me of other countries that use their oil income for the benefit of a few.) What's troubling is the graph showing the US consumption of oil related products compared to Mexico & Canada. We really are gluttons, in my opinion, and now they've got us by our reproductive parts.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/Mexico/pdf.pdf

Using shale gas and it's products may help wean us some, but how long before we're so dependant on other countries for that, too. I've been talking to building contractors for a few years to see if any are using radiant heat in homes. Not a one. It's only in the past few years that I've found several builders in Bossier who were installing point-of-use water heaters.

Thanks for sharing what you know. If you look at that report, I'd appreciate any comments.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service