I found this article interesting.

Sept 8, 2008. Regency Energy Partners LP plans to expand their pipeline system in North Louisiana to bring gas from the developing Haynesville Shale to market. Some highlights from the news article.

1. Expect significant drilling for many years to come.
2. Will provide 1.45 billion cubic feet per day of capacity.
3. Have letters of intent for 76% of capacity and strong demand for remaining capacity.
4. Project will be 2 phases. Phase 1 completed first half of 2009-300 million cubic feet /day. Phase 2 completed by end of 2009-1.15 billion cubic feet/day.
5. 204 miles of pipeline, 24" to 42".
6. Financing has been arranged and commitments for initial pipes and equipment already in place.

My thoughts are we should be patient. Leasing and production will come. Just follow the money.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Item #4 should probably read 300 million, not 300 billion.
You are correct, It was 300 million. I was in a hurry to leave for work and didn't take time to proof read. Thanks.
I live in Doyline and have a Regency pipeline running beside my property and beyond that. There are two lines that this consist of, but they are not very big in diameter. Do you think that they will be adding to these, given they are already cleared, and their location? Thanks in advance for any info.
The article indicated that they would be adding 200 miles to their existing pipelines, and they would be between 24" and 42". I would think that at least some of the new lines would be over existing right of ways. They also indicated that they wanted to "get out in front" of the Haynesville Shale production. Obviously, they are expecting big numbers in production.
Looks like Boardwalk Pipeline Partners is also trying to get in on the need for new pipelines.....

Boardwalk Announces Binding Open Season for an Expansion of Its Gulf South Pipeline System
11 minutes ago - Businesswire
Related Companies
Symbol Last %Chg
BWP 21.63 0.89%

As of 3:59 PM ET 9/10/08Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP (NYSE:BWP) announced today that its subsidiary Gulf South Pipeline Company, LP is conducting a Binding Open Season to solicit commitments to support an expansion of its new East Texas to Mississippi 42-inch pipeline in order to serve increased production out of East Texas and the Haynesville Shale.

"Natural gas production volumes from the Barnett Shale and conventional plays in Northeast Texas and Northwest Louisiana continue to exceed expectations", said Brian Cody, Boardwalk Pipeline Partners' Chief Commercial Officer. "Anticipated new production from the emerging Haynesville Shale play in Northwest Louisiana coupled with the increasing volume from Texas provide a significant long-term demand for additional pipeline take-away capacity. Gulf South is uniquely positioned to efficiently expand its existing 42-inch pipeline to meet the needs of its customers."

An expansion of the Gulf South 42-inch pipeline will provide much needed export capacity for producers in these rapidly growing areas to provide access to the Midwest and Northeast markets through interconnections with Texas Gas and other Interstate pipelines in the Perryville area, as well as access to the pipelines serving the Southeast Markets through the Gulf South system and connection with the Southeast Supply Header.

Upon obtaining sufficient commitments in the Binding Open Season, Gulf South plans to expand its existing system by 500,000 MMBtu per day with compression subject to FERC approval. The specific facilities required and expansion design capacity will be subject to the results of the Open Season. Additionally, based upon the results of this Open Season, Gulf South may pursue further expansions of its capacity beyond the initial expansion of 500,000 MMBtu per day.

Pursuant to the procedures defined in the Open Season, binding bids for capacity on this expansion should be received by Gulf South by 3:00 p.m. CDT on Monday, October 6, 2008. For additional information, please contact Rick Whitworth, Vice President of Business Development at (713) 479-8644 or Steve Noe, Vice President of Business Development at (713) 479-8126 or visit the Gulf South website at www.gulfsouthpl.com.

Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP is a master limited partnership engaged through its subsidiaries, Gulf South Pipeline Company, LP and Texas Gas Transmission, LLC, in the interstate transportation and storage of natural gas. Boardwalk's two interstate natural gas pipeline systems have approximately 13,660 miles of pipeline and underground storage fields with aggregate working gas capacity of approximately 155 Bcf.

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws relating to expectations, plans or prospects for Boardwalk and its subsidiaries, including those relating to whether or not the Company will successfully complete the expansion discussed above, the cost and timing of any such projects and the future financial performance of those assets. These statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of management and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include market conditions and other factors beyond the Company's control and the risk factors and other cautionary statements discussed in Boardwalk's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

SOURCE: Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP
Regency knocked on my door three days ago. They are surveying for an additional 24" pipeline to run paralel to an existing one. They may need as much as 50' more right-of-way, but will have to get back with the affected property owners after the surveying is done. Just letting us know they would be in the area. This is 1/2 between Blanchard and Longwood on Blanchard-Furrh Rd.

Someone with land behind has been contacted about a 8" gathering line - not sure what company.

Someone with land in my section has been contacted about two 18" pipelines.
Looks like I might be in the middle of a pipeline hub. Hopefully all this is a good indication that they will drill my section in addition to the ones already being drilled and unitized.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service