Just discovered this great site. I have an interest in several tracts of land totaling about 300 acres in T22 and T23. I have heard from family members about some recent leases signed (last month) in this vicinity for $8,000/acre. Any thoughts or comments about this? Anyone know of other activity in this vicinity and does this price sound high or low? Thanks in advance for your input.

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Isabel ; When you give your location it would be helpful if you gave it as follows.

Section__ Township__N, Range__W. . This will help everyone reading your post identify the area you are referring to, and in turn be able to help you if possible. You're correct this is a great site with great people.
Thank you for explaining. We have an interest in about ten different tracts of land totaling around 300 acres in and around Mira in Township 22 and 23. I have the Section and Range info also but it would be a long list since there are several tracts. I am glad to tell you all of them if it would be helpful to anyone. A family member in the same vicinity told us that last month he leased a very large portion of his land holdings for $8,000/acre. He seemed to think that was a good price, but we no longer live in the area and we don't know if that was a fair price or not. We are interested in leasing our land but we want to become more educated before we do anything, and we might be interested in joining in with other landowners to negotiate a good price or waiting until prices go up if that is what everyone thinks will happen. Thanks for any advice or information anyone has.
My suggestion would be to go to the main page of Haynesville Shale, go down 5 topics to Current Offers Rec'd- How Much..... I think they can help answer any questions you may have. I also have land in the area, but live out of state. My land is close to Vivian, and to be honest I didn't know where Mira was until I looked art the map. Wishing you lots of luck, and keep in touch.

If I can help more let me know.
I am in the Mira area we only have 30 acres but am I interested in getting in with some folks, I have talked to some of my neighbors and none of them have been approached yet. They are drilling in and around Ida-Mira area. We are in Sec 32-T23N-R15w.
Kenny, My land as a bird flies is about 3 1/2 - 4 miles Southwest of you. I have not heard of any leasing in this are yet, but I do feel there's a very good chance the days ahead will be much brighter. Do you currently have production on your land? If so who is the operator?
Kenny - I'm your old neighbor from across the street in Vivian :)

We have land about 6 miles east of you and the Clement's Heirs well is on the section immediately to our east. That may be the nearest gas well to you right now. I was told by Michael Parker here in Vivian that there was a well drilled on the Atlanta-Mira Road and the early indications were that it would be promising. I've not been able to find it by driving; I can not find it on Sonris, and no one on here is/has talked about it- so take that for what it is worth. But if it exists, it would be much closer to you that the Clement's well.
Hey K. Bain, saw a couple posts the other day and figured it was you. Hope things are going well for you guy's we love it out here, stop by and see us some time if you are out riding through the area. There is no production on our land, the Atlanta- Mira road would be pretty close. I have been in touch with the Lindsey family who are just east of me by a 1/2 mile or so and they own land on both sides of the road and a pretty big chunk I think around 400 acres, they have not been approached yet either. Take care.
I talked with Gatrpaw about the wells over that way. There is one on AC Dominick's estate (serial 237706) drilled down to about 9800 feet. This is the one that was being talked about. Being at that depth, I don't think it is deep enough to be in the Shale. It is producing though. I guess it is a Cotton Valley well.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

^-this is the one we need to watch. If it turns out to be good - it is looking better for all of us with land up there.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service