I have just a regular lot in the Broadmoor area. What happens if I chose not to take a bonus and sign a lease and the section is eventually drilled?

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the link. Seems there are both pros and cons to it depending on the individual circumstances.

IF, and that is a big if, these wells are going to producing at the rate the estimates are showing they will be paid off in a relatively short time period and the 100% might be the way to go.
If the O&G companies think they can make a profit on it why shouldn't we think the same?

They are obviously not doing it just for the heck of it. They think they are going to make some serious jack off of the HS.
There is a great thread explaining this in the Oil & Gas Professionals group... I recommend you go read it and ask further questions if that doesn't help.
Question regarging "forced pooling". It sounds to me like the state determines, or, authorizes an oil company to pay unleased landowners for their percent mineral interest in a section/unit. Is this as simple as it sounds? My question is, if you were pooled into a larger unit, and paid by the oil and gas company, do you have any indivdual right to lease your mineral rights to another oil and gas company? Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Shelby
Shelby, basically you can lease your mineral rights to another O&G company at any time if you had not previously leased. The O&G company you lease to would be responsible for costs, receive the revenue and pay you the royalty share.
LesB,
Thanks for the response; so if I have small acreage, and the oil and gas company requests to the state that my interests be pooled, that I can still have rights to lease my mineral interests, regardless if the oil and gas company had made payments to me by my pooled interest?
Shelby
Shelby, that is my opinion but I am not a lawyer. If critical you may need to get a legal opinion based on Louisiana mineral regulations.
If you are un-leased and in a pooled production unit, no company will want to lease your minerals, and if you did lease them, at that point, you would only be costing yourself money.

When you get to the point of consent or non-consent and forced pooling then it is too late to lease.
Randy,
Do you mean that if I had a 100 acres of prime producing land, in the HS play, that an Oil and Gas Company that had majority holdings in a pooled unit would not be intersted in leasing my minerals; does not seem reasonable to me, where can I educate myself on this issue.
Shelby
Randy, I believe the question was does a primary mineral owner have the legal right to lease after being force pooled. Are you saying he does not have the right or just you don't think an O&G company would be interested?
Well put, Les B. That is the question. I don't see why any O&G Company would not be interested with the scope of profits being discussed, and the amount of bonus money being paid out to land bank. Also, more importantly to me, is the position of a mineral interest owner to establish again thier rights, after perhaps being pooled into a unit maybe 10-50 years ago, or, however long the states have administered such oversight regarding this area of law, or, is it a "practice".
Certainly the ability to offer your mineral interests at current market rates and royalty percentages would be far more profitable now than in any previous times.
Shelby

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service