Is there any activity in the Haynesville Shale near or around Vivian that anyone can share?

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in Vivian, Tom and I've not heard of anything concrete yet. One of the accountants in Vivian said that a landman came into his office with an elderly lady wanting him to notarize their agreement. He was trying to get her to sign for $200/acre. She lived down around Gray, TX.
Thanks for the reply, K. Bain. I looked and there is no Gray , Texas, there is a Grey County , Texas which is about 40 miles east of Amarillo. Did the lady lease land in North Caddo or in Texas?
Gray, Tx is probably not incorporated. It is just across the state line from Tree's City, La. If you take Hwy 2 west towards Jefferson, Gray is the community where you cross the state line.
Tree's is pretty far south of Vivian
http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/xn/detail/2117179:Topic:123727

Here is a thread that mentions a scenario similar to what I was talking about. In fact, it makes me wonder if it is not the same instance!?

Gray is 7 miles southwest of Vivian. Use something like Google Earth - it does show Gray. If you follow Hwy 2 west to the state line, it turns to TX Hwy 49. Continue on to TX Hwy 727. That intersection is "downtown Gray".

Blink and you will miss it :)
I'm keeping a very close eye on this part of the woods. The lower Pine Island area and the 315 foot Zone just South of Caddo Lake gives me alot of hope, things will heat back up when the gas price gets out of its slump.
Do we know whether or not any geological surveys have been conducted as far north as Vivian? I'm guessing that **someone** must have done something because I find it hard to believe these guys are "running willy-nilly" and paying money to punch holes in the ground, even if the signing bonuses are very low.
A seismograph crew went over our land around 1982, and I have a copy of their findings, but I cannot read it... it looks like a bar code. I would think it was 2-d instead of 3-d anyway. Today they want 3-D
We have people who have joined from Vivian. Go to www.northparkestates.net and join via the Memo of Intent. It's free and you can walk away at anytime. No obligation. Hope this helps.
A few have been snooping but that is about it.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service