In 2007 SamsonContour came through North Caddo getting mineral leases dirt cheap from unwary landowners ( $150/bonus, and an eighth royalty). Samson supposedly lacks the capital and expertise for Haynesville drills. Does anyone have information about Samson's intentions regarding the Haynesville play or to whom they might be looking to sell the deep rights of their leaseholds to?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a friend that lives in Haughton and he told me 2 to 3 weeks ago that Samson had applied for a permit to drill to the Smackover on his property.
That wouldn't be a Haynesville drill, correct? Thanks.
Smackover is stratographicaly deeper than the Haynesville , but their deepest permitted well was only 11,500' which wouldn't be near the smackover in this part of the country I wouldn't believe. That certainly would be a question for ShaleGeo if he is still here. Hope this info helps some.

There have been lots of Haynesville wells drilled to smackover, they just say that, it matters what formation is perforated and produced not what the permit is under, look at the Haynesville wells north of Blanchard they were all permitted as Smackover
Hey Tim , the only permits that show current from SamsonContour in Bossier parish are #235792 and #236016 both of which permitted in June and July of '07 resp.The other three permits have expired and the Wallace 18 actually expired twice.#235548 and #236830 permitted to 11,500' in the Benton field.Daulton 18 # 235139 expired inMarch of '07

Hey Kelvin , As for Caddo Parish, SamsonContour hasn't permitted in the last year that I am aware of. It is possible that they have flipped the leases already due to the fact that they haven't even permitted once from 9/1/07 to 9/11/08.

It is certainly possible that some resent activity hasn't shown up yet on sonris due to the storms and backlogs.
There have been lots of Haynesville wells drilled to smackover, they just say that, it matters what formation is perforated and produced not what the permit is under, look at the Haynesville wells north of Blanchard they were all permitted as Smackover
Thanks Snakestewart, Checkmateking and Tim. This info is very helpful. Samson apparently plays everything close to the vest but I wouldn't think that they would just sit on deep rights w/o the capcity to drill. On the other hand , it wouldn't totally surprise me if they're holdidng on to their North Caddo leaseholds waiting for the opportune time to cash in. Relatedly, has anyone heard any production reports from a "Frank's Well" in North Caddo, which I'm told could trigger a frenzy and increase lease values to that of the hot areas (i.e. De Soto, Bossier, etc)?
The huge Franks well#237228 (15 million ft day) is a monster Cotton Valley completion, but it will fall off alot quicker than a HS well, Cotton Valley wells as good or better than HS wells come in more often than what you would think. The huge difference though is nearly anywhere in a huge shale play your goin to have consistent results, no dry holes, just drill em again and again. Cotton Valley wells like that are what Geologists call lenticular you might hit a 10 million footer at Franks and hit a 10 thousand footer right across the street. This is why shale plays are so valuable, there isnt much risk in the drilling aspect. But to answer your question no that well wont affect the leasing in that area, the one to watch is the horizontal well #238017 the Franks land is just North of Shreveport behind North Highlands, funny thing to he was a multimillionaire oil and gas tycoon lol and they hit the biggest Cotton Valley barnburner I have ever heard about and its on their land.
The rich get richer and then there is all of us hapless and unleased landowners!
stick in there Cat this train will be rolling downhill come winter.
Don't sell Samon short on both capitol and horizontal experience. The have tons of both. They are a very wealthy company. Don't know where the thought came from that they don't have the resources (both financially and technical) but that thought is flat out wrong.
I agree Mark and there are plenty more besides Samson capable of drilling Shale wells besides the few big names that are out there so far. I even talked to some that were not in the buisness at present but had money and a crew lined up and said they would pay more bonus and royalty than the big boys. Ain't that the American way?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service