Just wanted to let everyone know that Will-Drill drilled a well near FlatLake (7 miles from our property) in North Webster parish (don't know the STR yet) & as it turns out, it is a good one. I know someone who lives in that area and he just happens to work for a drilling co. (not the one that drilled this well). Anyway, he knows two guys that worked on this well and another guy who works w/ Haliburton. Haliburton fracked this well and word is there was a lot there and it is considered a good find. Rep. from an oil company call the other day wanting us to get landowners together. He said he needs 640 acres before he can lease. The problem is a lot of the land around there has been spot leased by speculators or landmen. Anybody on here have land in north webster and interested----write me.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in 20-22-9 north of Flatlake. I know there is some folks at Leton that would be interested. We are 4 miles east of Leton. 166 acres.
Old as dirt,

I will keep everyone on here posted as to what I find out. You can email me at mossyoak1@yahoo.com if you like with your name and phone #. I'm trying to compile a list. I'm currently living in West Monroe, but my family owns land in Sections: 5, 20, 30 & 31 there in Webster Parish. I'm in the process of trying to move back over that way.
SORRY, I TYPED IN WRONG EMAIL ADDRESS---EMAIL is mossy1oak@yahoo.com.
Is it flatlick or flatlake?
Tim,

It is Flatlick---I've heard Flat Lake and Flatlick. Anyway, I just learned it isn't part of the Haynesville Shale. Oh well, at least we know something is there.
Will drill is drilling sand unit wells in webster parish; not shale according to SONRIS
Thanks for the info Mike. Can you explain the significance of sand unit wells?
I mean, if there is gas there, do you think the companies involved with the Haynesville Shale would be interested in this area?
AnnaBelle, I happen to own land in the extreme NE corner of Webster as well as extreme NW Webster. I am a geologist and landowner. I have participated with Will-Drill on 4 wells. They are a good Co. I'll try to get more info. on well and let you know if I learn more. You can be assured that they are very carefully evaluating Haynesville shale as they drill through it. I would not drill through it without cutting some cores, taking side wall samples, and drill stem tests, as appropriate. I feel sure W-D has done some of, or all of these things.
Thank you so much----what part of Arizona do you live in? As a geologist, what is your opinion re: Haynesville Shale ever drilling in that area? Thanks!!
AnnaBelle,

I just came upon your posting on 9/22. I think there will be some drilling for gas in Haynesville Shale with some success in south part of Parish, and possibly some success in graben areas in other parts of parish. I am keeping very close watch in area and will continue to do so. Having studied the geologic history of the area I have only small hope for my area. We do have some pretty good production from Haynesville sand.

I will not completely give upon shale until I see some more core samples taken in my area. I was onsite couple of weeks ago where Southern Star Energy was drilling near Benton. Cores looked very promising to me.

I don't think you gave range and township of your property and I cannot immediately identify with place name of Flat Lick. Would be interested in knowing just where that is. Was W-D successful in establishing production? If so they will develop it with additional wells pretty quickly, I think.
Mr. Sanders,

I'm also aware of the well you're talking about. According to sources, it is a very good well. I have no idea of the Township and Range but I believe this is the well Will-Drill drilled and is off Webster Parish Rd. 265---it is part of the South Cotton Valley Field. However, I believe this is sand, not shale. My parents have land in that area. Exactly where is your land located?
I have a 1600 acre tract in T17N R9W and a 400 acre tract in T19N R9W. Let me know if this is someting you might be interested in and who you are representing. Thanks

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service