I am thinking about having someone or a company represent me in negotiation. I was curious if anyone else had done this, and if they were as good as advertised. If so, which companies or individuals are the best?

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We just used a negotiating company for our group in Greenwood and we signed for $19,000.00 per acre, they did charge a 4% fee, however, most attorneys charge well above 10% and more. We are very pleased with the outcome for our group. We had over 1,000 acres as a group.
My suggestion for the process is to hire an attorney that also negotiates and has experience in doing so.

Mosely Rogers Title Company is presently doing this. I believe they charge 2% - 3%. Sorry, I can't remember the exact fee. They are not charging a % of royalty - ONLY bonus.

I don't know if Randall Davidson is negotiating leases, but he is excellent to review your lease. He is an attorney that is rated AV in oil and gas.

As someone on here once stated, they never have had the money to pay an attorney to review their lease, but it was always money well spent.

I know from personal experience that the advice I received a year ago was well worth it.

Both of these attorneys are reputable and are highly recommended in their fields.

Remember that whatever you sign could affect you and future generations. Take your time and understand what you sign, even if someone else assists you with it.
The most important thing is to ensure you get a negotiator who will not just worry about the money aspect of things. A quality negotiator will ensure you get quality of life and environmental and land owner protections negotiated into the lease. Those things are harder to get done than the money part at times. Many negotiators are only looking at the money. That will spend quickly but the terms of the lease will be with you and future generations for a very long time.
I've heard that KASSI Fitzerald has a very, very knowledgable consulating firm. She's has an ad on this site.

if N.P.E. doesnt work out....I"ll probably use her firm..
Kassi,
Have you heard of any new leasing taking place lately? It is as dead as Julius Caesar here in Blanchard.
I am closing out 75 leases in Stonewall and South Desoto Parish right now. I am working on getting together folks in other areas to get ready for the next round. The O&G companies have slowed down some but not stopped, they will be picking up steam again. I do know when someone from Blanchard called me the other day to inquire I checked with my Chesapeake connection and he said if there was enough acreage in a package they may be interested in it.
We have more than 150 acres in our association. I haven't talked to anyone from Chesapeake in about 6 weeks but our last conversation didn't go well. They gave us a really low offer.
Thanks for the information.
Who were you dealing with? Twin cities?
I emailed Chesapeake and told them that I did not want any more dealings with Twin cities. I received an email from one person and a telephone call from another and both told me that if we deal with Chesapeake we will deal with Twin Cities because they were the ones doing the leasing for them in this area.
We are in T18N R15W and encompass 3 sections but we are most undesirable at this present time! We will sit quietly by and wait to be discovered at a later date.
Cathaus
what 3 sections???
We have acreage in section 3, 10 and 11.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service