has anyone in golden meadow sub been contacted

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

I have been first in April 08 have not signed and won't till right offer it made
Good for you DUB, I am not going to sign here either until the right offer is made. I see where Dogwood took the offer of $8,750/acre. They are saying alot of companies are pulling out and you can only get what is negotiated if someone is interested. The article is in today's paper. If the BIGGEST producing well is located in Bossier Parish (Elm Grove) and they still are not saying exactly where the parameter to the Haynesville Shale is located I would think there is a good possibility most if not all of Bossier Parish could be in it. Why is it that Caddo Parish is getting the biggest offers? Could it be because the city of Shreveport is involved and the city of Bossier is not? The City of Bossier still has not signed over their 3500 acres. Who are they (Chesapeake) giving the $15,000-$25,000/acre to that they talked about on TV? No one in Bossier that I have heard of. If this is still the start of the play could it be the others just haven't made it to our area yet? I would think that even a "flipper" would want to get in on this & make money off of the big dogs by offering us more. None of us in Bossier will get any more than what the area is willing to settle for. I live in Old Green Acres and none of my surrounding neighbors have signed yet. If this is suppose to be the biggest in the nation and possibly the 4th in the world then it has to be worth more. Stick to your guns DUB and we will over here too!!!!
As a South Bossier city resident I am very disappointed in the City of Bossier not stepping up to the plate and helping or at least informing residents about this issue. I attended a meeting in Shreveport because of Bossier City lack of interest in informing it's citizens. Shame on Bossier City Mayor. This is one of the biggest issues we have dealt with and he is no place to be seen. BTW the parish is having a meeting i believe its Monday Aug 4 9:00 am in Benton to roll our taxes forward. In other words more money out of our pockets but when it comes to helping us put money in our pockets they do not seem to care. Citizen very disappointed in the leadership of our city. :(
There was a meeting for Southgate Estates and Golden Meadows about 3 weeks ago - to see about banding together to get the best possible offer. We were unable to attend and I never saw any posts on here about the meeting. After seeing how Dogwood screwed their residents - I really don't want our HOA doing anything on my behalf!
I agree with you Christy I think Dogwood got a bad deal, why is Bossier City getting so much smaller amounts than Caddo Parish? You can't tell me that it is not as good here as it is across the bridge. I put a few emails out Friday to some of the other companies and plan to send more out next week. If I get a reply from any of the other companies you can bet your bottom dollar I will post it on here so all of my Bossier City fellow residents will know.
I live in south bossier and I am in no rush to sign. My subdivision is having a meeting about this next week. I do not plan on signing the contract that Twin Cities provided. I personally would rather have and oil and gas attorney draw one up that would look out for my interest. I believe Dogwood got a bad deal with others signing for twice as much. Just because i have a smaller bit of land does not mean my gas is worth any less. Hopefully my subdivision will do the right thing.
1st for $1,000
2nd for $5,500

from Twin Cities. We are having a meeting along with Riverbend at the firestation in Riverbend on July 13 at 5 PM. It is for the residents. There will be a landman and an attorney there but Twin Cities will not be there.
Diane,

I did not go to the meeting at Riverbend on July 13, did you or anyone else attend, if so, was any progress made? I live in Golden Meadows in the older section and I have been advised by 2 landmen (no affiliations with Twin City) that we need to get together and sign. The sooner the better. The gas is here and the sooner we sign the sooner we will get more money from the royalties. Pat
I attended the meeting in Riverbend. An attorney attended and also landmen from TwinCities. The meeting was not informative and nothing happened IMO. We were told the same thing from Twin Cities $5500 per acre and 25% which I think is an insult. The attorney could have given alot of good information be he got sidetracked by questions that ppl could have done a little homework on and would have known the answer to and not wasted his time. I would have rather talked to the attorney about getting a good lease drawn up for all of us instead of the one from Twincities. Hopefully the next meeting will address some of the issues we really need to get into.
Didn't learn anything new but was told we would meet again next Sunday at 5 PM and, together, decide what we want to do, without landmen and attorneys present. There is another group meeting at Southgate, the old Coleman building that is now a church, on Tuesday night. I'm wondering if we should join them for an even greater number. Any feedback on this from other GM residents?
Where is the location for the Sunday 5PM meeting. I live in Southgate and would like to see us join with GM and Riverbend.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service