Need some advice or help.
I recieved a letter from a Lawyer today pertaining to our section possibly being forced pooled. It states that Encana Oil & Gas plans to apply to the Commissioner of Conservation for the calling of public hearings to create 5 additional drilling and production units for the Hosston Formation, the Cotton Valley Formation and the Haynesville Formation. My property is in the middle of sec6, t12n, r9w. The letter states that a conference is tentativly scheduled for 11am on nov 11,2008 at the best western in Natchitoches, La. Anyone with any suggestions on how I should proceed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just know that with every letter, behind it is an army of geologists, engineers and lawyers, all brainwashed into believing that the oil company is correct, even if they are wrong , and somewhere along the line, these 'experts' lost all sense of fairness and ethics. The reality is that the letters/requests usually have little to do with scientific evidence, but are more about who can push what they want the hardest. At the end of it all, the Commissioner has the final say, so you would be best to find out who the Commissioner has to answer to. That would be the Governor, and the Governor has to answer to the people who elected him.
If its not much trouble could you email me a copy of the list of interested parties. My email is haroldorr@hughes.net
Thanks
B Davis, I was told others have also requested the conference. Also, the Liberty Field conference is scheduled one hour before the Carroll Creek Field conference at the same location. Combined the two filings cover 18 sections or almost 12,000 acres.
I am interested in the list of the interested parties. Will you post it here or email to: sunshinelady_442004@yahoo.com Thank you
I didn't mention earlier the fact that Pride (which is Encana) made an offer to lease my land and revoked that offer just before I recieved this letter regarding force pooling. I took my property off the market and I've been screwed because of it.
b. davis,

I would see it as you are in a better position. If you are force pooled and it is a good well. You are in better position to negotiate.

Even if it is a vertical well and there is not as much production. You will at least have a log to look at to see what is down there. All of the cards will be on the table. You just might need to take some time to understand what the cards are.

I hope they are all "aces" for you.

GOOD LUCK
I have a question. I received a letter this week starting the process of unitization. I don't live in the section outlined in the letter but I do live about 300' north of that section. I live in T16 R14 S9. The outlined section is section 16, same Township/Range. Why would they send me that letter if I lived outside the section? What should my next step be?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

kevin
With drilling possibly taking place near your property, your property value will likely change. Even if you are not in one of the sections, the operations could be close enough to have a direct impact on you. Being as there is risk of property value being adjusted, you have the right to protect your property.
They have to notify the partys around the proposed unit.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service