There seems to be a trend developing with Cheasapeake. First they backed out of a deal in Keithville then said they would pay. The Greenwood Deal now seems to be a big maybe even with Drafts sent out by JPD . Now Cheasapeake is telling JPD to extend to JAN with stipulations added. Now today on TV-12 they have been caught again changing an offer from 15k to 5k. This is the company that has been advertising non-stop on radio and TV about how they want to blend in with the community. What is next for Cheasapeake? They are setting themselves up for a public relations nightmare in this area with Deals like these. I doubt people will forget this sort of thing. I would use MUCH caution when dealing with this company after seeing what they do.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its not in just in this area, word is spreading to other places as well. While this may become a nightmare for CHK, it will be more of a headache for the acquisition company. The word "draft" may become a laughable suggestion, and the "best" bonus offer might require the services of a personal bodyguard.

To put things into my own personal skewed perspective; Lease activity will resume, when the stock market improves. The Stock market will improve, when the price of NG increases. When the price of NG increases, the landowner gains more bargaining power. Couple this with the negative perception that is being created, and this could become a modern day O.K. Corral.
Never ever settle for one penny less than their last high offer in your section!! If it was worth it then it will be worth it again. And drafts should be a thing of the past. Make 'em bring a certified check. If they keep actin' squirrelly they may need to bring CASH. JMO
Cash sounds GREAT after all the stuff they have pulled! O&G companies in the area had better think twice about even mentioning the word 'draft' with our group after what happened to other groups in here.

In addition, my group may even go as far as to include a clause in any future "letters of intent" that ensure payment for deals that are backed out of after exercising so-called 'good faith' negotiation. This will undoubtedly help lessen the sting to landowners who are suddenly left out in the cold after months of negotiations or after turning down other lucrative offers for an offer that eventually will not come to fruition (simply because it's inconvenient for the other party). If we can't back out of a letter of intent yet THEY can, they can at least pay for their callous decision to do so. Yep...we can play b@ll-busting business games, too...especially since WE hold the very land so many people are lying and being all manipulative over to get their hands on. CHK...better make sure you have your cup on before coming back to Keithville!! And furthermore, PLEASE learn to play by the RULES of the sport!!! (Gotta LOVE baseball...peanuts anyone???!)
AMEN!
Have fun waiting! It will but it will be about two years
Where are you getting this information from?

In July '09, the price of NG will be the highest price seen in as many years. Each year, the price for NG climb during early summer, peak around June/July, then decline towards the end of the year. This has been a repeated cycle for several years, and is expected to continue for another couple of years. In as early as 2013, prices are suspected to climb and stabilize more than they currently do. Of course, this would depend on the current energy state, and does not account for new regulations which have yet to be adopted. In the event that new legislation is introduced, the entire structure would need to be revamped.
Hey L.D. , They do this for a living. I dont. I have been waiting all my life for this. Whats a couple of years ? You are right about that cartel tho. We are called the Haynesville Shalers and the scare tactics and smear spreading of old are exactly that.....OLD and out dated. Fear works best on the ignorant. You must be shivering in your boots.

P.S. How's that spotted owl thing going for the timber industry up there in ..... Oregon ?
I think that Lil Abner & Snuffy are from the mountains of Tennessee but I can understand where you would have a problem with that one. Have a good one anyway ! From a dirty bird to a spotted one!
Hey Grice............."I'm your huckleberry"
-Val Kilmer- as Doc Holiday in Tombstone
LOVE the perspective you hold!! Excuse the pun, but I think you are right on target with that one!!
Yep...but there is still another Keithville group that was affected. The second group WILL NOT be leased at this moment, as of CHK's latest reversal.

NOTE: I just read in the Japan Times that Russia, Iran and Qatar are joining to form a gas export empire. Maybe we should contact them about drilling in the shale...hahahaha (just joking...??)! Please read below.

TEHRAN
REUTERS
-----------------
World gas powers Russia, Iran and Qatar moved Tuesday to strengthen cooperation and Tehran said there was consensus to set up an OPEC-style group that is likely to worry Western consumer nations.

Russia's gas export monopoly Gazprom said it had agreed with Iran and Qatar to form a "big gas troika" and that it should become a permanent body holding regular meetings.

But unlike Iranian Oil Minister Gholamhossein Nozari, Gazprom Chief Executive Alexei Miller did not refer to the establishment of a "gas OPEC" after talks with Nozari and Qatar Energy Minister Abdullah al-Attiyah in Tehran.

"There is a demand to form this gas OPEC and there is a consensus to set up gas OPEC," Nozari told reporters after talks with Miller and Attiyah.

Europe and the United States have warned against such a gas export body, saying it could pose a danger to global energy security and create room for price manipulation.

Russia, Iran and Qatar are ranked the first, second and third biggest holders of natural gas reserves in the world and together boast 60 percent of the global total.

"We have agreed to hold regular--three or four times per year--meetings of the 'big gas troika' to discuss key issues of gas market developments," Miller said in a statement.

"We have a common vision of the goals of the forum and the need to transform it into a permanent organization as quickly as possible to serve the goals stable and reliable energy supplies in the world," the statement issued in Moscow said.
Maybe we need to send this article to all of the senators and the two presidential candidates.
Antsu-in-Japan --
Some months ago, with tongue in cheek -- I suggested that the Federal Government establish/finance/build three LNG (liquified natural gas) terminals: one each on the East coast, Gulf coast, and the West coast. And the supporting pipelines so we (the USA) can get into the LNG export business. My reason then was that the USA could provide a counter balance to Russia's potential threat to cut off their NG supply to Europe. All though I said that in jest, I think that reason is still a valid one. The East coast and Gulf coast ports could sell into Europe and Africa. The West coast port could sell into the Asian markets -- South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, etc. India alone could provide a major market. What would be the cost? Anyone with information on the cost of building an LNG plant? One that liquifies the gas.... I would love to give the Russians and the Iranians some serious competition on this front.

By the way -- where are you in Japan? I lived in Nagoya way back in the day when I was a child. Latter Uncle Sam let me visit twice while serving a tour in South East Asia. McNamara scholarship.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service