Did anyone sign a mineral lease in the shale for only a couple hundred per acre?

If so, I'd like to hear your story. I'm a reporter for The Shreveport Times. Please call me at 318 459-3266. Thanks

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm looking for people who signed mineral leases and got a couple hundred dollars per acre. Do you know of anyone who is willing to talk to me?
Unfortunately, there are alot of us that received a minimal amount per acre. In 2006, I signed a lease for my 20 acres for only $100/acre.
Do you know of anyone who signed earlier this year for land in the Haynesville Shale?
I'm writing an overview story about the leasing frenzy that happened for the shale.
280 acres. $200 per acre.
I'd love to hear your story. Please call me at 318 459-3266 or email me contact information at bobbieclark@gannett.com. Thanks.
For 160 acres, my family only received $687.00 per person (10) in my family...
Considering that until march or so of this year that was the going rate, I would imagine that there are thousands of such leases. Many of those leases may not have been taken out for so called shale plays, but other long standing oil or gas plays, i.e cotton valley, hosston, smakover, etc.

Sounds like The Times is trying to create a story news again. Not to be unexpected from a paper that reads like it written by a sixth grader though.
All we are trying to do is create a timeline and give context to this story. We're not trying to create anything. It's a fact that some people signed for $200 an acre and others got $20,000 an acre.
I don't think they are "creating" a story. The story is there for all to see. I believe when you approach home/landowners and do not share completely or truthfully all the information in order to get them to accept a $100 bill for their mineral rights - it's a story. That wasn't the "going rate". That was how the industry as a whole decided to operate. No, it isn't illegal and nobody's going to jail. But this country is falling apart because people won't stand up to UNETHICAL and DECEPTIVE business practices - for fear the "employer" will take away our livelihoods. I'm sick of it. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's not wrong. When you tempt unsuspecting homeowners who are working people trying to keep things going with inaccurate and blatently untrue information by waving a $100 bill in their face; it's friggin WRONG. You people and all the crap about "fair price", "greedy landowners" - the working people of this particular part of the country are sick and damn tired of playing by everybody's rules BUT when "market conditions" favor others who then make a quick buck on the ignorance of people - IT IS WRONG. Somebody should stand up and say so. I know that nearly 40% of the homeowners in my neighborhood (before the shale announcement in March) took the $100 bill at their door and didn't think another thing about it. Shame on this "business" and shame on all who participated in the "flipping" to make large sums of money on the ignorance of fellow citizens.

There's a story out there - it won't be pretty and it won't be sexy - bit there's a story.
NO one forced these landowners to sign. They probally took the money and were excited for it. Bottom line is if a company wants to lease you its because they believe that there is oil or gas to be found. They are not drilling for the thrill of it.

Just because some big companies came in and spent huge amounts to aquire a lease does not mean this is the "fair amount". These big companies where only trying to push out the small independents that have been here for the last 100 years in boom and BUST.

I also was trying to point out that some of us were only trying to drill the prospects we have been drilling for the last 50 years like the cotton valley and the hosston sands. We all knew about the haynsville, but it was never commercially viable until recently.
My boss signed Feb. 14, 2008 4.79 acres for $200.00 22 17N 15W Caddo Parish.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service