Did anyone sign a mineral lease in the shale for only a couple hundred per acre?

If so, I'd like to hear your story. I'm a reporter for The Shreveport Times. Please call me at 318 459-3266. Thanks

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My son lives off of Sligo Road in Bossier Parish. He sign his 1.1 acre lot for a bonus of $200.00 in July, 2007. He is outdone the way he was treated! Ben
Another rambling rant:

Let me clarify somethings:

1) I do not promote "ripping" people off
2) I do not promote taking advantage of anyone
3) I do support FREE ENTERPRISE and believe through hard work anyone can live the American Dream
4) It is not my job nor any other landman's job (or "Big Oil's" job) to educate anyone about their minerals or propety rights.
5) I do belive once you make a bad decision or do something you are not happy with later DONT GO TO WHINING AND MOANING A) LEARN FROM IT! B) Try to fix it or SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

My father taught me years ago when you screw up - you will get "punished". At the time I learned this lesson, his hand was the punishment. Now I, and other adults, take the punishment in other ways, such as less pay, less sleep, aching back, less lease bonus, less royalty, etc. whatever it may be. Some adults, whether they be mineral owners or landmen, think if they screw up - BLAME SOMEONE ELSE! If all goes well - TAKE ALL THE CREDIT!

AND I BELIEVE INSTEAD OF ALL THE WHINING AND MOANING ABOUT GETTING SCREWED YOUR TIME WOULD BE BETTER SPENT - EDUCATING YOURSELF!

A bit of free education for some of you: NEVER sign anything without reading AND UNDERSTANDING the document! Dont believe everything you hear. The person buying, leasing or selling is NOT the only person you should rely on for information. THINK for yourself! And if you dont want to do any of these because you dont have the time then either 1) Hire an attorney (better watch him too) or 2) DONT COMPLAIN IF YOU FEEL YOU WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!

By the way, I am no attorney, I earned a Bacehlor's Degree in Forestry. The college education taught me that I dont know everything and where to look to find out everything I need to know! If you want to use these site for what I believe it was meant for: ASK QUESTIONS! Email me, email KB, email anyone and everyone you can to be 100% sure what you are doing with your minerals is the prudent thing.

In closing what will probably be my final post: I am proud of who I was raised to be and not afraid to preach the "tough love" I believe in. (You could starve to death for all I care if you are capable of working and simply refuse to!) That is why my name is on everypost! I treat everyone fairly and equally and will be glad to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. Email me guy.marsh@att.net or send one through this site.

In the end, YOU ARE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR SUCCESSES AND/OR FAILURES!
Guy Marshmellow,
Thank you for identifing yourself. And I believe in a provious post that you said you were a landman. Thanks for all your honesty. Because now, all of us can make sure we never do any business with you are anyone you do business with. That is my opinion.

And as far as the "rambling rants" you refer to, I BELIEVE YOURS TAKE THE CAKE. Believe me, you have the right to your own opinions. But not many of us agree with them.

As far as this probably being your final post - probably no such luck.
Guy,

I think you are on the money. Instead of using this site to educate themselves, many are only full of sour grapes and conspirisy theorys. The oil and gas buisness has been in NW Louisiana for over a hundred years. Many in the buisness would be happy to help their neighbor understand what is going on. The whiners and complainers do this site no justice and only suceed in running of those that may have useful information or knowledge.

Guy could probally provide much insight into what is reasonable for ROW and well location timber damages, but may now be lost to this group.
Baron,
You may be right. But I for one am not a whiner or complainer.
But I never saw a positive post from Guy Marsh. I, for one, simply am sick of his whining and complaining about other peoples whining and complaining.
I'll drink to that ....No more whinning and complaining....
You have to admit he was consistant BirdDawg ! :>)
Marshmellow! I ain't heard that since third grade (other than when my kindergartner said a bully called him that) ... oh well, what more could I expect from someone who believes a lazy man deserves 1/2 of everything the working man earns!

Oh and I apologizing for posting again. I just couldn't resist pointing out the childishness of BirdDawg's thoughts!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service