SWAMO will be holding our first meeting July 17th at Union Elementary Gym in Doyline @ 6:30 p.m. This is a Thursday night and will be very informal with a meet & greet followed by a question & answer session. Don't worry if you can't be on time because the meet & greet will take a little while.I hope to see you all there! If you have any questions please e-mail me at swamo@yahoo.com

Scott "Snake" Stewart

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for yesterday Snake great turn out. What is our next step.
Thanks Pat. As soon as some of my wounds heal up, probably this afternoon,we will begin to move into the actual stages of building our coalition.To be totally honest and upfront , last night wasn't what I had hoped for.You know ahead of time, if you aren't fooling yourself,that there will be some that are not going to stand firm,or even want to hear what they truly need to hear. It was a tremendous letdown to see so many with their deeds in hand ready to sign away the only shot they will ever have.Many will be lost to the 5 % , 6 % fee group meeting Sunday afternoon.I made an attempt , however feeble it may have been, to reach out to everyone still unsigned.We must concentrate on the task before us and get to work.We will be setting up a meeting to go over our plans and to start the selection process for committe members. We will also pick up the pace in trying to reach those still available.Time is short considering the uninvited visitors we had in attendance with us last night.We are on to something that seems to be making some feel uneasy.Good , because thats how they made me feel last night.Those days are overwith .The gloves are off. It is time to force payments in an extreme northerly direction! I will post the next meeting as soon as I know something for sure.
Snake,
I know how frustrated you must be. You and I have no control over what the landowners that we are trying to help will ultimately do. Our group started out with over 400 acres. Half of them have decided that the only way to be properly represented is to pay someone. I don't know their reasoning but it is their decision to make. I for one, refuse to drink the kool-aid that these brokers are so ready to pour up! I knew going in that it would happen. Some fell to the wayside but many of us still cling to the that knowledge that we can and will do it ourselves for as long as we can.
I say to you, keep the faith. Persevere. Hold you head up high and know that you are doing something that will benefit countless generations to come!
Snake you did a great job. I don't have much land, but I'm sure as heck not going to give it away. I agree it's time to build a coalition and weed out the people who can't handle the pressure.
The meeting was good. We did lose a big part of the crowd at break, I think maybe some of them did not realize there was no one leasing rights at the meeting. Snake don't get discouraged, you know there is going to be a big group that will sign at first, those who have little or no knowledge of the potential income, those who need the money to get back on there feet, things are tough with gas prices, mortgage failures etc. I can say I do not blame those who are in that position. Those who are in a positition to be patient will do just that. I believe you are getting some good advice and must be doing hours of research, you and your family wil benifit, I do think you gave everyone alot to think about before they sign the dotted line and if you help just one person then you did good....... Thank you for all you have been doing for the good of the community.

M Wren
My husband went to your meeting last night and I have been reading a lot of the discussions on this website. You seem to be well-informed and level headed. It also helps that I work with someone who has known you all of her life and said you were a great guy! My husband and I have decided to stick it out. We are about 5 miles north of Minden and I know that many of our neighbors were also in attendance last night. I can only hope that many of them will also decide to stick it out. There is a lot of power in numbers. We encourage you to press on and look forward to the next meeting.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service