Dogwood Lease Holdouts - are there any out there besides us?

Well, call me stupid, but we're not signing the Dogwood lease. We have a normal sized lot, probably about a quarter acre. I am hearing from this website that we would probably be better off taking our chances with opting for the 100% royalties once all the drilling company's costs have been settled, since it's such a small lot. We are OK with passing up the bonus, not a problem. The Dogwood HOA now says that 82% of our residents have signed as of 7/9/08, and I guess that's to help encourage the rest of us to do that same. But, I don't like the approach that was taken, and on principle, I don't think I want to get sucked into this in this manner. I'd like to know more about forced pooling, and have checked out the other groups on this, but overall, I get the impression it's not such a bad thing for small landowners like us. Am I misunderstanding this? Comments welcome, thanks!

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I have heard that the gas companies were notorius for keep royalties
tied up producing more wells and you may never see a dime.True? Not sure.
I read somewhere on this website it was done with the Barnett Shale. Also they
will send you a bill for your share of production costs and if you don't have the
money up front they allow you to pay them back for it but keep your royalties
until it is paid and if wells run dry you could come up on the losing end. Call
Chesapeake they will tell you how it works.
There is SEVERAL threads explaining force pooling and the pro's and cons. I know a lot of your don't believe what I have to say, but you are not in a good situation as an un-leased interest... UNLESS you are an oil & gas company and can understand the accounting involved.

I know "take my word on it" holds no weight for you...but do some research of your own and then take my word for it.

Randy
Thanks Rosana Rosana Dana, but if these wells continue to develope and produce the monster numbers that they have, I dare say it will be very difficult for these wells not to pay for themselves in a real short period of time.Another thing that needs to be remembered is the fact that at this time this is the 4th largest N/G field in the world! Period, The only thing petering out and running dry on the Haynesville Shale are the lame excuses from O & G 's about why my land isn't worth anything.
Snake, Randy said,

"There is SEVERAL threads explaining force pooling and the pro's and cons. I know a lot of your don't believe what I have to say, but you are not in a good situation as an un-leased interest... UNLESS you are an oil & gas company and can understand the accounting involved."

What is your take on this?

I'm thinking I might not be in a good position as a carried working interest owner, but I'm at an even greater disadvantage signing a seriously lowballed lease offer and having to stick with it for several years. That kind of choice is no choice at all. I'd just as soon pretend all this never happened and ignore it, than be thought a gullible and easily misguided know-nothing who can be easily talked into a lease that puts the landowner on the very short end of the stick, and the landman knowing full well it's out of ignorance of the industry and related issues. And it's a classic sales ploy to create a false sense of urgency to close a deal, when there is no need for such urgency, as was done in Dogwood. This is another case of Caveat Emptor ("Let the buyer beware.").

Nothing personal Randy, but if the O & G companies want to lease my mineral rights so badly, I'm always open to an upgraded offer, more in line with recent drilling results in our area. The Dogwood lease proposal was unfortunate for the residents there. I wonder if you had parents or other family living there, and they came to you for advice, would you have urged them to sign that lease?

There's nothing preventing any O & G company from making a reasonable offer, is there? I'm not convinced we're through hearing from Twin Cities, but if we are, so be it.
Does Randy work for Twin Cities ?
Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
The only threads so far on forced pooling haven't been on the Haynesville Shale. A slow to no producing well could leave you wanting if forced pooled, for sure. Just haven't heard of any XXX Monster disappointments yet , thats all.I don't want to be forced pooled but neither am I concerned about giving my rights away either.Not going to happen , if I never make a dime ! It's mine, not theirs ! As I have stated before, I owe them absolutely nothing but a swift kick & an ugly look , everytime I fill my truck up !
I agree with snake. I will not sign for some little amout as Twin Cities is offering me. No to the $5500. I will just sit on my gas for that price :o
I have an employee who lives in dogwood. She did not sign and would love to band together with others who did not sign. Send me your email address and I will forward it to her to put the two of you in touch with each other.
Kassi, I'm trying to figure out how to e-mail that information to you, and keep going around in circles here. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, will continue until I figure it out.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service