PIPELINE contracts.....lets get ahead this time or is it too late

people are still reeling from the cheap leasing that took alot of familes & generations fast.

where do we start on the pipline leasing ?/

Views: 544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No you can't. Highest & best use is not a law, it is an ideal, something to aspire to. ROW agreements are binding.
Mr. Garrett, Highest and Best Use (HBU) is an appraisal method. I assure you that I know what it is and what a ROW agreement is.
Here is a helpful document produced by a site member, Eric Camp.

Pipeline Negotiation Document

best,
Haynesville
Once again this site has helped with an issue for me. I was handed an easement agreement today and came here to see what I need to learn to make sure I understand what is going on and what my attorney should be addressing.
Thanks to all who will share information here.
You're welcome. It's a pleasure helping those who need it.
Yes, thank you Eric, VERY informative! we have been surveyed for a 24" line across our back acerage. Not approached yet for easement, but soon. This helps so much! =)
I WAS told by a man in fannet,tx that they will offer you about 1/3 of what they will really pay, but it is not a lease they actually are buying the right of way. He had like 20 acres and recieved 75,000.
It's more a function of how many acres are covered by the easement and the value of the land per acre than the size of the entire tract. I don't think landowners will always be able to get 3X the initial offer but they can definitely get more than the initial offer and much better easement terms by negotiating.
San Augustine county Texas has lots of new gathering pipe lines
( 4", 8" and even 12" ) in the last year or two and some very recent.

Does anyone have any info on first offers and or settlements
on these easements for rural pine, mixed timber or pasture.
I have noticed a lot of complaining about not enough money paid for the right of way and damages. If you will do your homework, you will see that you are being compensated more than Fair Markey Value (FMV) for the "easement' which is over 100% of 'Fee Value'. In other words, the pipeline companies are the ones taking the hit as they should take the area in fee versus an easement. And taxes, well, as previously stated, it is an easement, you still own the land, so you are supposed to pay taxes.
I am not complaining about anything.
I would just like some Info.
How is land assessed for tax purposes after a pipeline is done?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service