Slow down and get educated: leasing is a LONG TERM business deal!

Last night we held the first of 2 educational forums sponsored by the city of Shreveport. The turn out was around 1300 people! We are holding another forum next Saturday (6/21/08) at the convention center. I hope those who were unable to attend last night will be there.

The most important advice I can give is that leasing your minerals is a business deal. You need to realize tha while the oil and gas companies are not evil they are smart. That means you need to be smart when doing business with them. Educate yourselves, collectively bargain with your neighbors, make sure an attorney looks over any lease before you sign it and most importantly DO NOT GET IN A HURRY TO LEASE! There is so much more you/we need to know folks. Better to waite a little while and learn than make a bad business deal you will be kicking yourself for later.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just read The Shreveport Times article about the meeting last night, and was astonished to learn that the city only received $488,000 last year for their properties around/including the airport, Cargill Park, and Airport Park. That's a WHOLE lot of land. We live on Meriwether Road, near Mansfield Rd. MUCH of this street is "empty" lots, purchased by the airport authority years ago (due to excessive noise from planes, etc). So, I'm guessing that means that the city leased their mineral rights last year (?) for very little $ per acre. I hope that doesn't affect the possible leasing of our property, that is SO very close to MANY acres of land that has already been leased.
Alot of new people have joined the last week or two. Thought I would resurrect this one.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service