Organizing and pulling together, lets hear your offers and thoughts

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

I know many in Lakewood do not own their mineral rights.

How about banding together to ask the developer, Ed Kinnon, who retained the rights, to do something for the neighborhood with the millions upon millions he will make would be thought?

Maybe some nicer entrance gates, a community area and pool, new covered roads, curbs, a walking trail along the bayou? Any other ideas?
Ed Kinnon, I am told, is a shrewd businessman why would he put money into something he has already made his profit from? It would be nice to have some of those things you mentioned but, I think if it is going to get done it will be through our community efforts not through Mr. Kinnon's. Thats just my own opinion of course.
I'm in unit 6 and own our mineral rights. My friends in the earlier developed units said they got a letter from Red River. I did not. Does anyone have a letter that you can share the info with me?
Also, I'm told Ed Kennon signed a big deal recently on the land that he owns in and around our neighborhood. Does anyone know who he signed with and for how much?
i talked with a landman from red river and he said the first offer was 8,000 with 25% royl. for 3 years with 2 year option.....i was also told most of unit 6 and all of units 7,8, and 9 in lakewood, ed kinnon retained the rights...thats all i know
True about Ed retaining the rights in Unit 6, EXCEPT I know that in at least ONE early Unit 6 transaction that wasn't the case. My neighbor across the street and next door, don't have theirs. We had different builders...and my lot was acquired before theirs. I'm just wondering if the majority of Unit 6 is already leased (by Ed's deal) then wouldn't they want my little .5 acre and just call it a day? :)
I wish I would have looked up the other lot numbers on the deed when my builder bought our lot (there were 3 others in Unit 6). They have their mineral rights too and probable don't even know it.
Can anyone clarify which unit numbers are where, in Lakewood? I figure I'm in unit 1 or 2 as my house was built in early 94.
If you have the time to go to the courthouse, they will actually make you a copy of the plat of your unit. That's what they did for me. It will give you exact lot dimensions, etc.
Also, go back and look at your deed. It should have your legal description as Unit _, lot ___.
Hope this helps.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service