Does anyone know for sure what happens if we do not sign a lease? I'm told we would get placed into forced pooling (consent or non-consent). Some say forced pooling could equal 100% royalties? Some say they can give you as little as 3/16 royalty? I've heard you can wait forever to receive your royalty money and there are costs and legal issues you could be liable for? What's the real deal with forced pooling?

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just drop your unleased mineral acres into a single-member LLC. That should help with any liability concerns. (Of course, a judgment creditor could recover against those acres, but at least you've insulated your other assets.)
Jim, this is great advice for those considering holding out.

Regarding your "half & half" suggestion, would it be feasible if all of my acres are in a single unit? In other words, would any oil & gas company agree to lease half my acres and let me leave the other half unleased? I would guess not.
So, are you saying if you're in a subdivision, it may not pay to lease except for opportunity to add clauses to lease that would benefit environment and neighborhoods as a whole?
That is one of the reasons I say signing a responsible lease is the better choice for the typical land owner. BUT do not let land men scare you with being an unsigned lease holder. As the math shows..they would rather sign you even after the drilling starts.
It is my understanding that if you ride the well down you become an unwanted working interest in the well. Once you take the money you agree to participate, I am told. Some people have a reason to not lease, enviornmentalists have their agenda, people on some sort of assited living from the stete or fed have a complete differen't view but they don't want to participate. The ones that don't take the money will not be penalized for the fish kill, I don't think. The companys will do whatever to get a lease for the right terms, they don't want anyone riding down.
Lots of foolish folks want 100% for 0% invested.
It is my understanding that you would get seven eights after payout because the basic lease form has one eighth royalty built in, but I may be wrong. Some have chosen to alter the lease form, I do not change the boilerplate form I leave it at 1/8 on the form and change it to whatever on the Exibit "A".
I own 2.4 unleased acres in a prospective unit, and unless someone offers me a $30,000/30% lease like the Parishes are getting, I will be going unleased.

By the way, I did pay for my 2.4 acres with minerals, so I'm not 0% invested. And I don't think I'm foolish.
Thomas, read the regulations. There is no default lease provision for unsigned mineral owners. After payout the carried working interest owner receives revenue less expenses.
My point is that a large amount of people want to get everything for nothing.

The mineral owner and the E & P have to work a deal that is equitable for everyone.
You are right and they don't want to get screwed in the process. I can understand that everyone need to work together but this is an infant that may grow to be a giant.
My question is about the fish kill. Do you, Hoosier Daddy take blame for killing the fish, you were profiting from the deal.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service