Okay, so I am not too swift. We have folks that have land in one part of our town and another group in another part of of town - maybe 5 miles apart - can we form a block even though our land does not touch?
No snickering - I'm sensitive...

Tags: enquiring, minds

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ms. Jag Edge , Pretty rough name for someone to be real sensitive.HA!HA!. That was a laugh , not a snicker. You have to really draw a big picture for a couple of us on this site.

Very good question. In the group that we are working with ,we actually have people spread out in numerous parishes. As long as people are on the same page and on the same play , thats all that matters to me.The companies will tell you that land that is together is more valuable.And to a point I would have to agree.The more land that is in the same section would possibly give them drilling rights to that section.Without a majority in a section they can't drill .

I think that is one reason they don't like to deal with big spread out groups.Groups like the one I am in can actually control drilling operations in numerous sections and townships. If they play ugly , they have to contend with the controlled acreage in other areas of our group.That is if everyone is on the same page and the same play.

If you try to force a move in an area that is a small portion of our group , we can actually protect that area with the threat of non cooperation in our larger areas.They would say that we were playing ugly and I would have to agree! But that is exactly what it takes to win at this game.Everyone in and around the outskirts of this play will get a check.But only the ones that stick together and play ugly ,when they have too, will get " PAID " and not have their lands abused any more than is completly necessary.
There will be no guilty feelings on their part when they leave us.These leases will be stuck to our backs like cheap suits for a long time. Maybe forever for some. Better get it right the first time!
Thank you so much! I suspect you are smart; I'm just guessing...
"jag edge" is in reference to my nerves...
I enjoy these discussions and have learned a lot. The more informed I get the more confidence I have. Knowledge truly is power - and I thought my teachers were just fooling.
I heard a landman say not to worry because the oil companies will trade parcels of land like baseball cards in order to fill in the gaps.
Thanks Renee. No worries anymore.
I suspect that is how they will be getting around the only most favored nation clause they have agreed to in our area.
I had wondered what would happen with a coalition made up of all landowners not signed in different sections. What are the pro and cons of this coalition?
You run the risk of a broker not having permission to sign all the areas you have land in. You also run the risk of not getting drilled, or being force pooled if you cause too much of a ruckus.

It HAS been done in other places, i.e. force pooling people who were extremely difficult to deal with and wanted unreasonable things. A "majority" is needed, and you can file for a section with a "majority". Several companies in the barnett were notorious for this.

Randy
Then maybe the broker doesn't have permission to deal with us.Some poor fellow making $200 a day plus meals and mileage is going to earn his or her pay out this way. This ain't the Barnett.Force pool on your simple majority and see if O&G's find this as a successful endeavor. Not getting drilled ? They just gonna' leave our millions in the ground until they are worth billions ? "Please Mr. Fox ", said briar rabbit," don't through me in that briar patch". Are they as stupid as you try to make us believe ?

Is extremely difficult wanting more then $5,500 an acre for Haynesville Shale acreage?If so they haven't seen ruckus yet.

Are you the 6% Randy coming to Doyline this Sunday with Bodenheimer? If so I will try to make the meeting. I want you to see the smile on my face when you tell me they will force pool at simple "majority".

Many will be caught up in the rush to keep from getting left out. But not all.We will have plenty of time to build on this relationship my Shale friend , because me and mine will still be here.
not getting drilled.......you must be a bad landman...

its been yrs in the FT.Worth area and they are still buying leases[avg of $25k] and drilling.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service