What area is considered the most "hot" spot? I had heard Benton, Bossier (the obvious is Haynesville).

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Guess I'll just stay on my kick about 30%!!!!
Blanchard is very active.
Not everyone is in the hot spot!!! Not even close...
Scott,

Respectfully, the "Haynesville Shale Play" is the HOT SPOT, 4th largest shale play in the entire world to date. No one thus far can say to a credible degree who's "not even close..." In May, I was told by a "reputable" landman that "this (my) section of South Caddo...is not in the play. South Bossier is the HOT SPOT." Of course, he was trying to lease my land for $9K/acre...and he got my neighbor! I have turned down 2xs that offer.

I am trying to convey to other mineral owners that this HOT SPOT is covering NWLa. Just because someone tells "you" that "you" are NOT in a HOT SPOT (imho) has absolutely nothing to do with the price of beans! This term "HOT SPOT" is most often used as a means to dissuade a mineral owner from seeking a more equitable leasing contract. Ergo my comment, "We Are All in a HOT SPOT! " No landman/O&G or E&P company rep is going to walk up to "you" and say, "Guess What...YOU are in a REAL HOT SPOT! And, I am going to offer YOU (NWLa mineral owner) a leasing contract YOU cannot refuse!"

Never gonna happen, Scott. WE ARE ALL IN THE HOT SPOT!
TaylorA1,

Yep! That was me you heard...I will try to keep it down...

Am enjoying a little lightheartedness. Thanks TaylorA1.
I have posted this elsewhere but....Anyone listen to the XTO earnings call this morning? I think they really played down the potential of Haynesville Shale during the questions portion of the call. I also think they questioned the credibility of one or more of the key players in the shale. Listen to the call, its very interesting...http://biz.yahoo.com/cc/6/95076.html. Ironically, they apparently have a play in the HS...and, oh by the way, they announced a public offering later today. Go Figure their motives.
Drillbit, I listened to XTO' conference call and you are 100% correct. They down played the HS significantly. Maybe their mission is to keep the lease cost down...while they call all of the land owners to secure land in the play!

Nice observation!

Jaybird
Same take. I wonder what their position will be next month if and when the Hunt Petroleum deal goes through????
You are correct Scott !
I don't think you have a chance up there in Oklahoma. There are more then a few landmen around here tho , that would tell you that you are on the fringe!
But you better sign fast cause they are liable to pull out next week.If 90% of you sign , we will give you........No need in kicking a man when he's down. Get up Scott ! I wasn't through yet !!!
Snakestewart,

My shale friend! Like that "Hot Spot" Stuff? I have to laugh sometimes...you are able to relay my thoughts in your comments with a much more accurate "punch!" Thanks as alway for your back-up!

Hang in there...the HOT SPOT is working its way to ya!
DrWAVeSportV and snakestewart A1,

You guys seem like to the type of guys who like to talk, talk and talk just to hear your own voices. Once again, I will reiterate my prior stance of not everyone is in the hot spot where they will be entitled to a very lucrative deal like you are waiting for. However, DrWAVESportV in your defense, you are in a very hot spot. Snakestewart, no one talking to you but as always you have to butt in and include your 2 cents.
I thought that was what this website was for. So everyone could put in their "2 cents". I may not agree with everything the two gentlemen say, but I think they have no doubt kept many people form signing too early. Maybe you should let Snake know when he can post. (Sorry for butting in.)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service