What area is considered the most "hot" spot? I had heard Benton, Bossier (the obvious is Haynesville).

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard that Linwood area and certain parts of DeSoto
ShaleGeo,

When you say southern Caddo where exactly are you talking about (west / central / east)? My friend is a petroleum engineer and his Grandmother lives in southern Bossier Parish, just north of Elm Grove (Taylor Town area) and owns a plantation. They have been told on more than one occasion lately that they are in an extremely "hot spot." Doesn't mean a whole lot to them as they have been under lease for many, many years and their royalties aren't what they could be today (they are still rich though). Also, my friend told me that until more drilling and testing completes around this entire area it will be hard to determine exactly what will and will not be hot, anything else is just speculation or best guess.

BTW, I mean no offense by my comments. I just find it hard to believe given the limited exploration in areas outside southern Caddo to date that anyone can say without a doubt where the most production will occur.
According to Petrohawk's last presentation, the shale in South Bossier is 228' while South Caddo is 195'. Both of those are great, but to say South Caddo is the best is a bit premature.

See page 11 of this presentation:
I can tell you right now that one of the CHK horizontal wells in South Caddo off of colquitt is for a fact 195', i have seen the logs.
Shale Geo,

We appreciate your continued efforts in trying to answer the questions with the limited information that drilling has provided so far. THANK YOU! And again, THANK YOU, for taking the time out of your family time and working hours to try and help us. I think that "sweet spot" and "hot spot" can have different meanings. Like "sweet spot" for the best area for the wells drilled so far and "hot spots" for the busiest in terms of amount of leasing activity.

I hope that everyone gets what they want but I know that it is very unlikely.

THANK YOU AGAIN!
ShaleGeo,

As I stated in my post, I am not responding as a means to be disrespectful to you or any other expert in this field. I am not an expert, and do not believe that I know more than others. Your Taylortown / Elm Grove comment asks for a response as these fields/areas have been predominantly producing oil/gas at shallower depths and have been for quite some time (I do not live or own minerals in this area). Haynesville for most of us is a new term, as well as the definition of a shale formation. I do appreciate your information and comments, all I asked was how one could define "hot spots" at this point in time given the limited exploration. Throwing up 12 wells and producing rates referenced in the map available from the main page here surely doesn't prove anything is a "hot spot,” nor would I consider one well in Elm Grove even with its production rate one.

As you said, only time will tell
Does anyone know the Petrohawk well in Elm Grove serial number?
EG Plantation Well, I think I found it. Is it #235984?
Northwest Louisiana period!!!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
That felt good didn't it , Les B. It sure sounded , looked good to me. Have a good one.

Would it scare you a little if I said that sounded like something I would say ? HA!HA!HA!
Yippie! Finally, we would be included.... ; )

Mind if I quote you when I'm working our lease? j/k
According to the map; it is certainly not Haynesville.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service