I have two properties. On one I own the mineral rights the other I'm not so sure, can anybody tell from reading this deed.

It Reads.

John Doe husband, of Miss John Doe, herein conveying his separate property, whose permant mailing address is Yada Yada Yada.

who declared that he does by these presents, GRANT,BARGAIN,SELL,CONVEY AND DELIVER, with full gurantee of title, and with complete transfer and subrogation of all rights and actions of warranty against all former proprietors of the property herein conveyed, together with all rights of prescription, whether acquisitive or liberative, to which said vendor may be entitled, unto

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank You.
I also own property and have no idea if I own the mineral rights. My cash sale deed basically reads the same way. When I bought my property a title search was done to make sure that it was a "clear" title. Just what exactly do I look for when I conduct a title search. I know the property was bought and sold several times. I am planning a trip to the courthouse and would appreciate any info anyone has to offer.
Pat, I agree with Jim to the extent, hiring an experience title researcher/attorney that can do a good check on the title is really the only way to be 100% sure. I don't know the area you are in but if your area is leasing it would be practical for you to do this as soon as possible so that you are caught in the middle of something with your hands tied.

Best of Luck!
Natch
Thank You.
Hi, Pat. No, you can't tell from the deed. All you can tell is that your seller did not reserve them when he sold to you.

If he didn't own them, then he can't pass them to you. To figure that out will cost a lot of money, I think. In my opinion, your best bet is to offer them to a leasing company and see if they want to lease them. If they do, you probably own them.

In my non-legally-trained opinion.
Thanks Carver.
Dolph, I bought the house two years ago, it was built in 1997 and has only three owners including myself. Does that 10 years nonuse mean from the time of the orginal owner or the one I purchased it from.
I think it's from the time that any of the previous owners reserved the minerals. If none reserved since 1997 and if it hasn't been held by mineral activity, then you probably own the minerals now.

IANAL.
Thank you everybody for your help. I think unless the first owners had Karnack the Great working for them I might be alright.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service