PENALTY FOR NOT REPORTING RESULTS? HOW LONG DO THEY HAVE?

I understand that there is a penalty and fine that the drilling companies will get hit with for not reporting on time. How long do they have to report well information to Sonris? Also, how much would the penalty be for not reporting within the time frame? I am most concerned about the Shell wells in North Sabine Parish but I am sure there are others that are withholding the valuable information that we are all looking for. Thanks for the help in understanding the wonderful world of Oil and Gas.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Re: force pooling, the o&gs don't want want that on a large scale any more than we do. Force pooling does not happen overnight, and it cannot be done arbitrarily. A reasonable effort and offer(s) have to have been made before it's ordered. SONRIS is a great resources, for what it offers, but it's not up-to-the-minute and you can misinterpret a lot of this stuff.
Cillian,

With all do respect, again, please read discussion I requested you read per changing the depth of the Lower Cotton Valley field to include the Haynesville...Please read Bob McGilly's comments as to why it won't take O&Gs or E&Ps to lease up the 51%, because if they can grandfather lessors in, they do not have to put any kind of "resonable effort or offer" forward to those who will be caught up previously for the LCV field, or any other field that holds production to it.

This one subject has nothing to do with calmness, it has to do with frustration in not receiving a timely response from the powers that be in Baton Rouge who are granting same and not having to back up their actions with any kind of official statement when having received requests from NWLa mineral owners, who are owed accurate information (when asked) IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE AN EDUCATED AND RESPONSIBLE DECISION PER THEIR MINERAL RIGHTS.

The refusal of Baton Rouge officials to address same, is most outrageous. They KNOW THE ANSWER, they are Stonewalling same. This, to me, in my opine, is unethical and unacceptable.

I have stacks of "legal notices" from Sonris that include the requests by O&Gs and E&Ps to "force pool" multiple sections at one time. These are being granted. You can count the "applications for hearing" and "legal notices" say over the past 6 months and see the increased momentum in filings. I have files on almost all of them, read 90% of them, and am very aware of how quickly the O&Gs are running to wrap things up, not to mention the 4000 landmen.

Contrary to your comments, No one is in a "PANIC." You misinterpret appropriate concern and reservation for possibly something you are as unfamiliar with as others are.

I worked in O&G for almost 10 years, and know just how quickly "changes" can be made without the awareness of the masses who eventually can be adversely affected without warning.

NWLa mineral owners are being made aware and are questioning many aspects of this Haynesville Shale Play and they should be commended for their efforts. If not for their singular efforts, the "damages" would still be mounting up against them and their properties.

I was hoping you could shed some light on the questions I posed in prior postings. I will continue to look forward to your response per same.

Thank you for your comments,

DrWAVeSport Cd1

P.S. Most 640 acre "sections" in NWLa are never going to be kept away from force pooling, as most mineral owners own less than one acre of land and do not have the weight of large landowners to keep O&G from doing so, even when they form larger bargaining groups. This is definitely weighted to the O&Gs and their "attorneys."
oldie but good one

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service